1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#1 Memphis at UH

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DreamRoxCoogFan, Jan 27, 2008.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

This is the BIGGEST game of the year for the Coogs, and this biggest in quite some time. Memphis is currently (and very deservingly) the top team in the country, and is visiting Hofheniz on Wednesday night to play the Cougars. No doubt it will be a packed house, unfortunately no national TV this time around. Regardless, its a must see for anyone in the C-USA. Outside of UCF and maybe UAB, the Cougars are the only other team to get a chance to get to the big dance. If the Cougars somehow miraculously win either on Wednesday or at some other point against Memphis, they will be playing in mid-march for sure.
    If Im honest, even a fanatic like myself can't persuade me into thinking that UH is gonna pull this one out. Memphis is too athletic and too stacked. On the other hand, we are a pretty darn good home team, and the place is gonna be wild on Wednesday night. This is UH's best chance to win against Memphis this season because the other (potentially) 2 matchups will be in Memphis (1 regularly scheduled, and the other if UH and Memphis make it to the C-USA Conference final, which is also in Memphis.) At any rate, its gonna be a hard fight. Ill be there, hope to see you too!

If Hakeem somehow miraculously shows up, not only will I pass out, I will bet that we win the game. You heard it here first! Go Coogs!!

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Question is, will we lose by 30 or 40?

3. DreamRoxCoogFan

lol. *hangs head*

4. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

how much are tickets?

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Keep in mind this is the same Cougar team that barely squeaked by Rice last week. I wouldn't get too excited about playing with Memphis

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sorry Coogs, Memphis is just too good.

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

the Coogs aren't as good as they think they are.

8. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Coogs will jack up three after three if they go in they can hang if they don't fall it will be UGLY

9. DreamRoxCoogFan

General Admission 10$, Reserved Seating 15$

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First of all let's get someting straght UH is going to March Madness this year.

They lost to an Arizona team that is coming into their own and will finish in the top 10 -15 minimum.Jerrod Bayliss is a future NBA star.The Coogs were atrocious from the field and seemed affected by the GUYV incident.

We lost AT UMASS in a game that was a tossup into the final minute....The Coogs could have easily won that game.

VCU who we loss by 1 to is a good team.

UH is 15 -3

We beat Kentucky who is starting to put it together now,but had struggled.

Marist is avery good team that can play with anyone...we took them down.

And we beat UTEP who can ball.

Lanny Smith is just getting in shape after his injury....same goes for Marcus Cousin....In fact I'll go so far as to say we will win in the first round if everyone is healthy.

But alas,for this game,one which I've waited for....Toney is down ( not sure about his status) and we need that size inside since Cousin isn't at top speed by any stretch of the imagination.Besides he was really picking up his game.

Still the Cougars are capable of beating Memphis at home...The problem is Memphis was tested against Gonzaga and will be ready to play ina big way.
    Again we have to see how Toney is doing,but it's going to be tough.

At the end of the year YES,right now...maybe.I'm not sure what to expect.

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Any and all coogs should be there...Should be a great game...UofH has to play the perfect game and knock down their shots for us to have a chance..They're very athletic but I think our guys will show up and give them a run for their money...

I changed my date I had with my girl so I can go to a bar and watch this...I think its on CSTV...

UofH: 85

Memphis: 84

12. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

This game will be on CSTV if you can't make it.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Too bad Keith Lee isn't walking through that door.

14. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

will students still get in for free ?

15. Poloshirtbandit

I don't see why not.

16. DreamRoxCoogFan

yes, as always.

17. surrender

surrender Member

THEY WERE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

18. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Im going to be ther 4 shoooooooooooooooooooo!!!

19. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I wish the UT/aggy game wasnt at the same time as this game otherwise I'd be at this game cheering for UH.

20. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

I grew up in Memphis and have been a Memphis fan my whole life. This is the only time I will be pulling against the coogs. As a Memphis fan, I am nervous about this game. I think they will drop one sooner or later and Houston is a good team on their home floor. That being said, I think Memphis will pull it out because of their depth inside and phenomenal defense. If this team could hit free throws they would absolutely glide through the tournament to a championship. Houston should just play a sagging zone and hope the Tigers miss from outside. It almost worked for Gonzaga. If the Coogs try to run and gun with them they will get killed.