1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Florida] Judge Dredd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Zboy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Watch A Florida Judge Beat Up A Lawyer In The MIDDLE Of Trial

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XOmzSmHwb3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A fight between a judge and a public defender broke out in a courtroom in Brevard County Florida on Monday.

Judge John Murphy was allegedly trying to get public defender Andrew Weinstock to waive his client’s right to a speedy trial.

Video footage shows Murphy telling Weinstock, “You know, if I had a rock I would throw it at you right now. Stop pissing me off. Just sit down.” Weinstock responds, “You know I’m the public defender. I have a right to be here and I have a right to stand and represent my client.”

Murphy then invites Weinstock to go out to a hallway in the back so they could settle their dispute with fists. Murphy is heard saying, “If you want to fight, let’s go out back and I’ll just beat your ass.”

Public defender Blaise Trettis said Weinstock thought Murphy just wanted to talk, but was unpleasantly surprised. Trettis told WFTV, “The attorney said that immediately upon entering the hallway he was grabbed by the collar and began to be struck. There was no discussion, no talk, not even time for anything. Just as soon as they’re in the hallway, the attorney was grabbed.”

Deputies broke up the fight and Murphy went right back into the courtroom and finished up. Murphy was not charged with anything, but the incident will be reported to the Florida Bar Association.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is seriously something to the "Florida is a messed up place" notion.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Trial by combat.

1 person likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Nice video title, I missed the entire brawl.

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Didn't the lawyer go out first? How did he get grabbed by the collar immediately? Also I love the "There was no time to talk." He didn't say let's talk about it outside. He said "we can go outside and I can just beat your ass."

I would think a smart judge holds him in contempt for not following judges instruction in the courtroom and puts him in a cell. A stupid judge does this.

Florida seems to be a real out of touch place.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

and yet they seemingly decide who is our President almost every election. :shudder:

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i think it's time to permanently banned florida.

10. val_modus

val_modus Member

But could he finish the Mountain?

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member