1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingLeoric, Aug 23, 2015.

1. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Likely the last Kojima MGS game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_V_86OQViQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So far
    IGN 10/10
    GameSpot 10/10

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Probably pick this up later on. Fallout 4 will dominate my gaming time when it comes out anyway

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It comes out on September 1st.
    So if you cop it you got pretty much two months before FO4.

4. gah

gah Member

This is a great time for me to be building my first gaming PC. Last time I played hard I had a PS2, with MSG2 Sons of Liberty being one of the most memorable games I've ever played.

5. Poloshirtbandit

I guess I've really been out the loop. Didn't realize the game comes out this week. I went ahead and preordered even though I probably won't get much time to play this week.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Very Impressive thus far.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Fun game, although the hour long prologue was... long.

8. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Anyone know how far you need to play in the game to get the daily login bonus?

9. VanityHalfBlack

I want this so bad but I'm not upgrading from a PS3 just yet.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Man Im debating if I should start my own gaming channel.

11. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

It's out on last gen consoles (ps3/360) too.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I've never played a game in the series before, but I received this game for free with my graphics card. I'll have to give it a try some time, although based off the video posted...(insert towlie)I have no idea what's going on.

13. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Got the chance to play like 2 hours yesterday. The graphics are amazing, controls are improved, sandbox design is well done.

I found it odd that Big Boss did not have much to say to Ocelot. They had quite a thing in MGS3. Maybe they are just trying to limit the length of the cut scenes.

14. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

No kidding!

I was only able to check out the game for about 15 minutes last night. Four minutes were blurry vision, and then eleven minutes of crawling around. I was yelling at my character to move his effing ass! At the end of me checking the game out last night, my guy finally was able to stand up and move around with some purpose. I was about to get to the good parts, I think.

The graphics are quite impressive. The controls (I have not used a gun yet) already seem way better than Metal Gear 4. The controls for Metal Gear 4 were horrible.

I now have two games I want to play all day (this and Pillars of Eternity). I cannot ask for anything more.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

So far so good, everything I expected. I'm not sure what to think yet about the open world choose your own mission concept as opposed to the straight and narrow story path of previous metal gear games. I played peace walker and although I enjoyed it, I didn't find the story nearly as epic and I just hope this game doesn't sacrifice the story element so we can have open world game play. Judging from the reviews so far though, the epic story element is still there. Everytime I play a new metal gear game, it makes me want to go play the old metal gear games again and I'll probably do that once I beat TPP

16. magman

magman Member

Loving it so far, got around 13 hours into it, I really like the upgrading and weapons and motherbase.

Gameplay is fun, but I hope it doesn't get repetitive.

Other than that, this game on PC was showed some love because it runs great. Running at 4k and it looks great.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah you can really tell Kojim put his all into this game. Has anyone watched that short video doc they released featuring Kojima?

I can post it on here later when I'm on my home computer. Kinda sad at the end

18. Dei

Dei Member

Story blows. Sorry mates. This has got to be the worst, least-likeable Metal Gear game ever outside of the non-canon ones. It's dark as **** without humor.

19. Poloshirtbandit

Never had a problem with being stealth inmprevious games. This one is so much harder. I dont really care for the Mother Base stuff either. Game itself is pretty fun though. I've only done three missions.