1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nelly Is The New Nostradamus

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bbllr3431, Jul 23, 2015.

1. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee46Oet1fNA

I specifically love Cari Champion's prediction of the Lakers future at 9:15 and who Skip thinks has "Lakers stuff". I guess LMA and Kevin Love and Jimmy Butler and literally every other FA didn't have that stuff either.

Nelly seems to be way more plugged in than these "analysts". Wish we could here from him more often.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Love Nelly's view on Kobe related matters

Guy is an activist

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not the Nellie I expected.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Has that lady been fired yet or does she still have that job?

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

She has been replaced by Molly Qerim on First Take because she was promoted to primetime Sportscenter.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ya, I always liked this clip - I'm not a Nelly fan, but it seems like he is FAR more realistic about the situation than the media's take.

...in my mind the media lives in a little bubble of their own creation. That's why the media coverage of the NBA Player's Association awards is so dismissive because surprise, surprise - the players choose Harden as MVP when Harden was a distant 2nd on the media vote. The media's take is the intersection of reality and their created narrative. The whole "Lakers & Kobe are the best" is a narrative they have been churning out for a while and the reality no longer supports that narrative - and Nelly is calling them out on it. This NBAPA award show is another example of how the media is offended that someone who plays the game can have a different viewpoint entirely. Michelle Beadle's comments are completely ironic because everything she criticizes the NBAPA of could (and should) be directed at the media who decides the official MVP.

Check out this video:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13302827

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Nellydamus

[​IMG]

8. LandryMegaBeast

lol my favorite part is when cari champion says "you really think the lakers are gunna sit back and let kobe limp through the last 5 years of his career. they'll be back strong in 2014 no doubt about it"

LOLOLOLOL

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Cannot believe they are wasting Molly Q. on that garbage show.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is a clear demonstration of how a lot of smart NBA fans have more clear unbiased knowledge than the so called experts at ESPN.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Nelly is cool and all, but what does Ja Rule think?

12. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mo-ddYhXAZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

ESPN has open not-so-hidden bias towards the biggest media markets (such as their "local" sites sites).

Its great for their own bottom line dollars. But that takes them away from having credibility for balanced journalism when their focus is so tilted like that.

I personally don't think there's some anti-Houston "conspiracy" in media. But if 2 things are close to equal, they're probably gonna slant coverage and opinion towards whatever is more popular for their brand.