1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waller County: 'Illegal' Lane Change leads to Death

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s-jailed-woman-suicide-sandra-bland/30284367/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IYim6pDZV0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Move from one lane. . .to the other. . .without a signal
    end up in jail
    end up dead

SMH

yea yea. . .ya'll can wait for more info

Same ole 'RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH' bull**** . . . .
    I don't care how beligerent people are. . . no one should go to jail for it.
    Much less end up dead

Rocket River

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So the conspiracy theory is what exactly?

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

She was already having issues before going to jail. Sucks to be pulled over because of something so little like that. There is hardly any traffic in that area, so they have to pull people over for something until school starts again.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

'Having Issues'?

Rocket River

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly she had some sort of "issues" if she managed to escalate a routine traffic stop into going to jail.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Obviously the orders came from the Koch Bros' Hidalgo County headquarters. Getchyer guns, folks...this is real.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Very odd. I'll be curious to see what the FBI and Rangers find. I got a friend in HPD I'm curious if he knows anything about this.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If she genuinely killed herself over a traffic stop, the cop shouldn't feel the least bit of responsibility. Even if the cop is a bad cop and escalated the situation, which I think they do pretty regularly out of some misplaced ex-military sense of appropriate respect for authority, suicide is a wildly inappropriate behavioral response to what would be a misdemeanor arrest on any planet.

He could be a combative dick, but her response eclipses and negates that issue.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Kind of reminded me of this:

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:98f6b036-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.cc.com">Comedy Central</a>,<a href="http://www.cc.com/funny-videos">Funny Videos</a>,<a href="http://www.cc.com/shows">Funny TV Shows</a></p></div></div>

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another random, isolated incident.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What is the incident you are even talking about? The woman escalating a traffic stop into an arrest, or her dying behind bars in an apparent suicide?

13. Major

Major Member

How do you know it was the woman who escalated it? Can't a cop also escalate?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In theory it's possible, but not that likely. I've certainly dealt with more than my fair share of cops who were pricks, but most of the time they are reacting to something at which point you have the option of backing down or going to jail. If you pick going to jail, it's your fault. It's a safe bet that this woman "kept it real" and ended up in jail.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

We'll never know what went on in her mind to lead to suicide. The dash cam video will tell us what led to her arrest.

My theory on her suicide: she didn't think she'd keep her job after the arrest with her previous record. With this arrest, her emotions and motivation hit rock bottom so she took her life. RIP to her and condolences to her family.

I don't think suicide was a good choice by her. There's no reason to suspect foul play in her suicide. And like I said, we can't tell what was in her mind at that time. The dash cam video will be released eventually and we'll be able to judge who made poor choices that ended up in her arrest. Until then, continue on with the conspiracy theories and race baiting.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If you believe her family, it doesn't add up. I guess that's why there is an investigation.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I was going off of what the bystanders were saying. It is also possible that the cop escalated the situation. They'll find out.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The family are not objective sources. I don't really take their word for it.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I disagree. While I have have met a couple of cops I didn't care for, I think they have a difficult job. Being hostile and aggressive with a cop is uncalled for and stupid.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I do until otherwise shown. They know the mind state of their loved one the most, and that should be valuable info into the investigation.