1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN sources say Clippers lobbying DeAndre Jordan to reverse his decision to join Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Jul 8, 2015.

1. smr6

smr6 Member

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'd take that $250k to pay off bills.... Please donate that money to the "me" foundation..

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

5. hakeemthagreat

I'm just glad Crawford isn't playing for them anymore. That guy was the one guy I was worried about playing the LAC. As long as he's no longer there, I like our chances

6. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Last I checked, Jamal Crawford is still on the Clippers.

7. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Crawford's horrible play was one of the reasons why we won the series.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, he's still there according to the interweb. But I get what you're saying. I feel like he's crushed us over the years, but I looked it up. He's scored 15.6 ppg against the NBA and 16.2 ppg against us. That's over 35 games. He may be less impactful than you and I are both thinking.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clippers center DeAndre Jordan has parted ways with his representatives from Relativity Sports, per source.</p>&mdash; Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) <a href="https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/638446105093668864">August 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. BleedsRocketRed

I'm surprised that didn't happen sooner, but expected after the fiasco that occurred.

11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

**** Dan Fegan

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Couldnt have happened to a better agency...Hoping Dwight follows suit...soon

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DeAndre Jordan used Snapchat to contact Doc Rivers about returning to Clippers <a href="http://t.co/ibuAzRQGDl">http://t.co/ibuAzRQGDl</a> <a href="http://t.co/ZoxJpRIrzM">pic.twitter.com/ZoxJpRIrzM</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/642753585395179520">September 12, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cuban: Doc Rivers' professional life was over if he didn't get DJ. His back was against the wall and did what he needed to do. Sometimes the deals you don't do are the best ones.

Cowherd: I can make the argument you were gonna overpay.

Cuban: It wasn't so much that. You overpay for your best players because they become part of a team. In aggregate, you hope the sum of the parts is greater. We saw DJ as a cornerstone. If you can't handle the pressure of a week, it's gonna be difficult to handle the pressure of being a cornerstone. It is what it is. We'll play the games and see what happens.

I respect the fact when his professional life was about to dissipate and disappear and go up in the flames, they did what they had to do and got DJ back so more power to them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2_G3YZCNinY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. vstexas09

i love the newfound mavs-clips rivalry...or atleast i hope it sticks...

gonna be one of the games i for sure watch this year...

16. basketballholic

I fully expect Cuban to offer a max contract next summer to:

Firstly, Joakim Noah
    Secondly, Dwight Howard,
    Thirdly, Hassan Whiteside

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gonna need to re-read this thread for the lolz. What a great day this was.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The Clippers and the Dallas Mavericks don’t play each other until Nov. 11, but that hasn’t stopped two of the organizations’ leaders from taking some shots.

During a recent radio appearance, Dallas owner Mark Cuban said Doc Rivers’ “professional life” would’ve been over if DeAndre Jordan had signed with the Mavericks. Cuban also said he now has doubts whether Jordan can be a “cornerstone player.”

Thursday in an interview withThe Register, Rivers responded to Cuban’s comments.

“I’ll say this. I’m so grateful to work for a team owned by Steve Ballmer, someone who stands for character and substance and who is so loyal,” Rivers said. “He is someone who I know will stand with me, even when things aren’t always going our way. I think what happened with D.J. was he decided to choose substance and character over smoke and mirrors.”

Tuesday on Colin Cowherd’s radio show, Cuban responded to comments Rivers previously made on Cowherd’s show.

“Did you see me out in front of the cameras screaming and yelling and crying? I didn't do that. I was disappointed. I was disappointed internally and I handled it that way,” Rivers said. “Mark tends to do things out in the open and that's fine... when you take shots at DJ, the guy you loved two days ago, but now you don't like so much anymore, I think basically what all that did is told DJ even more that he made the right choice."

Cuban didn’t hesitate to fire back.

“I think the most interesting thing is that it shows you what someone will do when their entire future is vanishing in front of them. And that's exactly what Doc did, and I give him credit for it,” Cuban said. “His professional life was over if he didn't get DJ. And so his back was against the wall and he did what he needed to do, so more power to him. Sometimes the deals you don't do are the best ones, so we'll see.”

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/responds-684378-dallas-rivers.html

19. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO
    Noone will offer Noah a max.

20. vstexas09

yeah...
    like offering the max to a role player...