1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. the shark

the shark Member

Again with the "ratings" over a few week period.

It certainly wouldn't have anything to do with the Sox being 12.5 gms out now would it?

Baseball isn't "big" in New England. It goes beyond that. It's ingrained in the regions culture. The Passion/Love for their Sox has been passed down from one generation to the next for over a 100+ yrs, and there's no way in hell the Pats (even with the 4 SB) are going to knock the Sox down as top dog in the region.

We'll just agree to disagree Nick.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see the currently reigning SB champion Patriots being seen as more of the "top dog" than a last place Sox squad that was last place last year too.....

That said, if the Sox are good at the same time as the Pats, the region is all about the Sox. Also they will forgive the Sox for being bad occasionally, if the Pats had a down turn where they were in last place in their division, they'd abandon them.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL please. You call these guys athletic? Then you're way off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Swalloing big mac after big mac and being 400+ lbs of fat with huge paunches is not athletic.

If you want to see athletic players, go watch a real sport like basketball or football. I can bet you will never find a professional NBA player or football player looking like these unathletic obese overweight eggball players.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I work with some Boston diehards, grown and raised in New England. My girlfriend went to school in the area has many of friends from the area. Everything about these people breathes and bleeds Patriots, sure they are fans of the Sox but it is nothing compared to what they feel for the Patriots. Tom Brady is their God. They will tell you the Sox are tourist team, thats who goes to the games, the fans in the city are mostly older people, which is typical for baseball.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That just shows that you have a very shallow understanding of what it means to be athletic. NBA guys are WAY too soft for the most part to play football and soccer players.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Real killers.

6. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

Lol...that was so bad I can't help but laugh. I was the first to defend Schaub before the pick six streak and I thought Peyton was DONE after his surgery. Welpppp.... :mad::(

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I agree with ya. I root for all the Houston teams as well, regardless of how bad they are at any given time. However, it's all Supply & Demand my friend. Lower the supply, higher the demand meaning higher the prices. Just like another person mentioned - there are 8 Texans home games (low supply/high demand) vs 41 Rockets home games (high supply/low-medium demand).

If ANY business owner (not just sports) sees their consumers buying their product, regardless of how crappy the product is, they'll jack up the price and increase their profit margin as well to see how far they can stretch it before people really stop buying their product.

Just like any product out on the market, if you dont like the price of the product, dont buy it.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Make that Texans & ASTROS make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more! To be fair, Astros were never supposed to be in this position to begin with.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We're only two games in lol. Come on man!

I love both teams.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

At least the Astros have sucked with a purpose for the last 5 years. They now have a core to be really good for the foreseeable future

The Texans have been on the ultimate treadmill. Lets be competitive, but never actual contenders. I mean we had a good year last season, but did anybody really feel like we are closer to a Super Bowl?

11. FTW Rockets FTW

Any egg ball game should make you appreciate the Rockets so much more. If not, you don't know anything about real sports.

12. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Football will always be more popular than basketball

the Texans will ALWAYS be more popular than the rockets.

doesn't matter if a couple of hundred people on an internet think otherwise, the whole city of Houston and then some are going to be more invested in the Texans.

13. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

^^^to piggyback

I would literally trade the entire Houston rockets team for Dleague if that would guarantee that we get an Aaron Rodgers-type franchise QB soon

14. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

lol like comparing soccer to basketball

anyone really gonna choose a dynasty soccer team over the consistently 14th draft slot basketball team?

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I like basketball more if I had to chose but I do love my texans. The eggball guy is weird and please go to jj watt, beast mode and gronk they are fat and not athletic you weirdo

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I like the sport of football more....just by a smudge... but I love the Rockets more than the Texans. I've seen them win two rings as a kid and they've been here my whole life...

Baseball is a distant third, but I love the stros. I have 0 interest in soccer, but I support the Dynamo. I'm just a supporter of all things Houston.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I wish we had an nhl team

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Texans are a loser franchise and always will be. They are always begind the 8 ball. They are so risk adverse all their FA signings are meaningless. In the past they took some bad gambles at the draft, so they are scared to take risk in the draft too. See the year they drafted Tom savage.

19. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Where is Tom Savage? Is he still on the team or did he get waived already?

20. FTW Rockets FTW

Wrong.

James Harden is the face of Houston. I see his billboards everywhere. JJ Watt? I don't even who that guy is except he looks fat and unathletic just like all other egg ball fake tough guys. Probably couldn't fit on a billboard.

Rockets are a championship team and the only team in this City that has had past success. Rockets fans are smart, educated and have high IQ

Eggball Texans are a joke of a franchise and will continue losing. Texans fans? Oh well......let's just say they could do with some education and that may result in them not flipping burgers one day.

Sorry breh. Keep whining after every Texans defeat and living in denial. Texans are crap, absolute filth. Rockets are for real.

I will be watching Rockets make the playoffs and possibly win it all with James Harden as the leader and you will be watching JJ Watt the perennial loser lead the Texans to another losing season and no playoffs.

Cheers.

1 person likes this.