1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watt Gatorade commercials

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qL9gNe9S0SA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pmYb71YrucI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x9ou8EAG_mQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7hn7kBaBntE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IcYD8xbJDVs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok. These are awesome. Anyone that doesn't love JJ Watt is a freaking nazi-communist-terrorist-mormon. It is known.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

hopefully we can get him a QB.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Were these shot in the woodlands?

I like the concept, but thought they could have been done better. Most of these people hardly have a heart beat.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Those are great.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

H-Town represent!!

The media hate from JJ's exposure is getting stronger. F*** em!
    Hopefully Watt continues his trajectory and makes they hate harder.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Am I old? I think I'm old... I didn't find them funny (other than the muscle shirt gag - *that* was funny). Worse, I barely even understand them. The pitch is there, I think - but wouldn't this make more sense on a field, busting on athletes who aren't going 110%? Why are we ragging students on a campus? They can't enjoy a Gatorade because they didn't break a sweat in.... their English class? Strange...

OK, sorry... off to Luby's!

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's odd because the vast majority of Gatorade sales are to people who don't need Gatorade. Even most people who work out don't need it. I'm a runner, and I don't drink it unless I'm going longer than 90 minutes because water is sufficient up until that point. If Gatorade only sold itself to people who really needed the fluid/salt/electrolyte/carb replacement then their sales would plummet. So the message of "you can't drink this unless you're sweating" seems weird.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah, it seems like a very alienating pitch, equivalent to Nike making commercials that said, essentially, unless you can dunk, don't wear our shoes...

I guess that's the issue I had with the spots... they're sort of dick-ishly mean and superior. Again, if you want to put the machine on a field and deny athletes who lollygagged... I can wrap my head around that. But not letting students, walking out of class, drink your product - I don't get it. Should students be working up a sweat in biology? And I think that's why the students' reactions are so muted; they're genuinely confused. I would bet these fade away quickly - they suck and make no sense.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, it's as silly as a guy who once wore a high school letter jacket while traveling to a game criticizing a guy taking a selfie on the morning of his first ever NFL start.

11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Didn't our entire team wear those letter jackets? Or are you talking about a different time?