1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Exactly! A valuable member of ClutchFans, at least when he isn't getting carried away with his opinion. Yes, opinion. Jopatmc's "problem" has never been his opinions, his takes, his knowledge of the game and the league, but rather his grip on an opinion. Calling him a bulldog in this regard would be terribly unfair to bulldogs. Naturally, in my opinion. ;-)-

(said with a smile and no ill will, basktballholic!)

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I don't think he would have hired an Ainge disciple if he was cool with that.

3. ChrisInAZ

ChrisInAZ Member

For future reference, this Phoenix "insider" claim for having a priviledged view, is that he knows an ESPN-Dallas reporter. Why this reporter would know deep Suns secrets IDK? THis claim was back in 2010. He's made hundreds of posts (on RealGM) from March 2012 to June 2014 and not a one even hinted that he had any sort of inside contact. Suddenly when rumors of Lebron James "listening" to the Suns surfaced in early July he started writing his "opinions" as if he had "scoops". He played insider back in '09 until early '11, but went silent when skeptics started circling.

This latest from the "insider" comes 24 hours after this article http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/9/1/6092771/the-eric-bledsoe-countdown-30-days-to-decide was published ...he's just playing off of it. The insider said just last week that the Suns were not going to budge from their 4/48 offer. I guess, the Suns FO read the story and said "hey! let's change our offer" ....rrrriiight.

Don't be duped

2 people like this.
  4. ChrisInAZ

ChrisInAZ Member

You're not even close. Bledsoe was acquired as an asset. He was brought in to build his value, sign him to a reasonable/trade friendly contract, and then move him in '15. Dragic is the #1 guard we're riding from '15-'16 to '19-'20 when the Suns will be riding a crest. Sarver is not a wild spender, but not cheap, the Suns will pay just as much as anybody for Dragic next summer.

I have no idea where so many of you are getting this Dragic will be traded thinking. Wishful thinking I guess. You'll know by late February that the Suns aren't trading Goran. Next July the Suns will offer as much as any team for his services.

He's only 28 years old people. He's a slightly smaller Manu 2.0 ...the last thing the Suns are going to do is let him go right when they're getting good again (starting next year).

5. gaspar

gaspar Member

This applies to you too:

6. Aleron

Next year? as in 15-16? Because Phoenix will regress this upcoming season without the spacing Frye could provide, especially against teams who used an anchor defense he could stretch out to the 3 point line as a stretch 4/5.

McD tried to tank Phoenix into a panzer division and Hornacek found a way to utilize dribble drive penetration and pick and rolls with endless spacing, so his solution this year was to kill the spacing and the pick and roll partner....Your move Jeff :p

7. basketballholic

Funny. True.

8. basketballholic

What assets are they going to get for Bledsoe, Chris?

9. Aleron

Well they paid Alex Oriakhi (I have no idea who this guy is btw) for Thomas in a s&t, but I'm sure they'll get a killer return for Bledsoe s&t...

10. baubo

baubo Member

I figured Sacramento was in a rush to sign whoever. But Bimathug's post below yours made it clear why the trade was announced so quickly. If the trade only happened because the Kings were up against the stretch provision deadline, then yeah, they'll probably hold up the trade for a couple of weeks so the Rockets can wait out the Bledsoe situation.

11. baubo

baubo Member

Fans on this board have watched how an ex-Celtic executive operate for 8 years now. If there's one thing these Celtics guys don't do, it's to choose the older, about-to-be overpaid guy into his 30s over someone who cost less and about to enter his prime.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

PHX did not make the playoffs, and I'd say the odds are even longer for them this year. They aren't going to pass OKC, SAS, HOU, LAC, POR, GSW, or MEM, and the competition with NOP and DAL (perhaps even MIN) for that last spot is going to be fierce.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I don't see Goran as the type of guy that attracts another star player to PHX. Harden got Howard. Lebron got Wade and Bosh. Pierce got Garnett and Allen. All of those guys are different caliber talents than Goran is or will be.

I don't have any idea what is going to happen, but both PHX and HOU seem primed for a trade, even if its not with each other.

If I were PHX, I'd make a run at Faried.

13. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Im listening to the BS report this morning with Simmons and Zach Lowe and they are saying we don't have the assets to make a run at Rondo.

Who would we realistically offer?

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

That's just bill putting his celtics hat on, Lowe later in the pod goes on to name our assets

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Bledsoe is better than Dragic

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Here's the link in case anyone is interested

Most of the information comes in around the 30min mark.

It is worth noting that they both agree that NYK and the Rox are most likely to trade for/sign Rondo. Also, while Simmons idiotically claims we have no assets, Lowe corrects him.

What tells me that they really didn't give it much thought is that they (Lowe) thinks that we'd HAVE to give up Ariza to match salaries. Of course, cfans knows that Papa and Terry would compose the bulk of the salary matching.

In addition, while they claim that we have minimal to no assets for Rondo, they are unable to propose another realistic trade scenario. Everything Simmons pulls out of his ass comes from him being a Celtics homer.

Bottom line, they were just shooting the s***

17. delishman

delishman Member

This is spot on. Not saying PHX and HOU ultimately work out a trade but this PHX team does not have any crest to ride unless they acquire a top-15 (current, not projected player) caliber talent. I could see them for competing for a playoff-spot if they retain Bledsoe and Goran but then they will be locked into that non-contending core.

If the plan is to trade Bledsoe, what do you anticipate receiving?

18. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

As a die hard Celtics fan I feel it's time to move on from Rondo and unfortunately there are not a lot of places for him to go. I believe Houston makes the most sense. But what do you give up? Here would be my targets Cannan, DMo, Nick Johnson, Tjones, Cappella, Picks. IMO none of those guys have huge value except for maybe Jones and Celtics already have young guys at PF. The Pelican's pick would be nice. If we could dump someone with Rondo it would be more attractive. Rondo will have a big season this year it would be ideal for Houston to see how he fits before committing money to him

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

While I don't think you could turn around and re-trade a player as part of one "conglomerated" trade, I see no reason why a team cannot trade an acquired player in a subsequent trade, using the CBA-proscribed salary-matching rules, inside of 60 days.

We've seen players acquired and then turned around and traded to other teams the next day. Hell, we saw that TWICE in connection with the Omer Asik trade (with Gee coming from Cleveland to New Orleans and then immediately flipped to Houston; and with Hopson coming from Cleveland to Charlotte to New Orleans to Houston, all in a matter of a couple of days). Sure, those players were traded by an under-the-cap Pelicans team, but the principle of "not flipping players" did not seem to prevent these moves.

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt that there is any rule/regulation preventing the Rockets from trading Jason Terry inside of 60 days after acquiring him for a higher-salaried player using salary-matching rules.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Bima, I tried looking this up in the FAQ, but it seemed to keep referring me to new questions. Can you very simply explain the stretch provision?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.