1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Cowboys defense would have to improve just to be the worst. That team might challenge for the top Pick in the next draft.

2. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

The Cowboys will not even sniff a top pick. The offense is potent enough to get at least 7 wins.

3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's ply what if... as in what if tony and demarco go down. Maybe when, not if. Not excited for the season at all.

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

What's the point of the what-if game? It can be manipulated to support any agenda. I don't care to think of this team with injuries to either.

5. dc1985

dc1985 Member

If Tony goes down then yes top pick here we come but as far as Demarco im not as worried Simply because i dont see him here after this year. I think this year is try out for Randle, Dunbar, and I think Ryan Williams will get a chance if someone goes down.

6. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I agree. I do like Weeden's development, but we will need to get a squire for Romo soon.

7. dc1985

dc1985 Member

I liked what i saw from Dustin Vaughn during the preseason not enough to where he would of made my final 53 but he has potential. But i still draft a QB early next year.

8. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Looks like they will be signing Michael Sam to the Practice Squad. I like the move and think he will be on the roster by week 3

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It's speculation right now. They are just bringing him in for a workout. But im sure we will offer him a practice squad position and with our weak and thin front seven i think its a good move.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh...good. Michael Sam to the Cowboys? I'm sure the media will treat this in a calm manner.

11. dc1985

dc1985 Member

From what ive read as long as he passes the physical they will sign him to the practice squad.
    I still think he should be signed to the 53 man roster. I have no doubt he is better than Jack Crawford who was signed today. I think Keith Smith might be the one cut from the Practice Squad to make room. Since it's already at 10.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Can Michael Sam and Rolando McClain turn around the D?

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hey . . .. they did wonders for Dat Nyugen

I never thought he would make it as a LB in the NFL
    he proved me wrong . . .maybe Sam can prove others wrong . . .

Rocket River

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought I read the Broncos added him to their practice squad.

15. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Michael Sam and Rolondo McClain cant hurt the Defense. To me McClain is best option as MLB and might be more dependable long term than Sean Lee at the position if he truely wants to play. As for Sam he is probably the best pure pass rusher on the team besides Anthony Spencer. His only real Competition is George Selvie and Demarcus Lawrence. I really like both moves.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Can I still call them the Cowgirls? :p

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's homophobic now.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Any Cowboys haters are now homophobic!

Anyway...

After the offseason, I still feel the same. Offense will be powerful. Defense will be awful. Like probably one of the 10 worst of all time.

The thing that could save us on defense would be the emergence of Rolondo McClain along with Henry Melton and Anthony Spencer regaining pro bowl form.

I only think 1 of those things will happen. They will go 6-10.

19. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Starting Defense wasn't god awful during the preseason. Pass rush will be an issue but we already knew that. With the addition of more man coverage. Alot of the bend but don't break style of play. I still see alot of improvement on the defense. I think overall rank comes up to about 24. I still see 8-8 with 9-7 or 10-6 as outside possibilities if they can steal a win here or there.

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

When Morris Claiborne collapses a quarter or two into the regular season our corners will be Brandon Carr and Sterling Moore.

Need Spencer to come back to form. Cannot see this being anything more than one of the three worst defenses in the league.