1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

94/95 finals - On Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mkahanek, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post or if this is against forum rules or what not. If it is improper, mods please delete.

However, I am fairly new to transferring old video tapes to digital and the whole torrent video streams etc. That said, I have the old rockets/Orlando finals, but the audio track is of Gene Peterson and Jim Foley (instead of NBC). I am trying to upload these games in to torrent or the hive or whatever it is called. I thought I would share what I consider a treasure with other Rockets fans.

Anyway, if anyone has any tips on how to go about doing this. (or tips telling me not to due to getting in trouble) please share.

Thanks.

4 people like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are always in the right place friend.

This place is called CLUTCH fans named after our glorious CLUTCH CITY era in Rockets history.

Since this site will never go away because our leader CLUTCH is immortal, CLUTCH CITY IS FOREVER!!!

I'm sure you will someone willing to help you transfer glory into digital media.

3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Ohh its transferred and in the format of an MKV file. Just not sure how to upload or seed in to monova or kick ass torrents and other sites. But I have all four games and all were recorded with Gene Peterson and all his hometown calls. Still gives me chills to watch those games to this day.

Game 2 is seeded right now.. Labeled as Houston Rockets Orlands 1995 finals Gene Peterson Audio.

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Did you register with KAT?

The instructions on how to create and upload is in the FAQ. There's tutorials there.

5. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Here are some how to videos on Youtube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HnKJGnONAfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9iAQhABd380" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vDdhX6sR2m8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

How did you get the radio call from Gene Peterson on tape?

7. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

For MAC:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aHe_tjUkMsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T2wYvdoiPUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Back in the day I had two VCR's. I used the video out of one vcr and the line level out of my receiver to feed the second VCR where I recorded the tape.

I will look at those instructions and try again. I will also play the video again as I can't recall how (if any) out of sync the audio is with the video.

Thanks for the responses.

9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

uploading

ok. Went through the process. On KAT all I see the spinning star above the copyright warning. I have AT&T u-verse and put this machine in DMZ plus mode thus giving it a public IP. Will continue to mess with it.

10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

So far no luck. I will keep trying. In the meantime if someone is interested in these games let me know.

11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Ok. Finally searchable on the pirates bay. If anyone is bored and has some time. Please try and download to see if it actually works. No need to finish if you don't have any interest in having the game. Oddly the video and audio are perfectly sync'ed

12. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Do you have a link? I might download it and check it out.

If you want, when I got some more time, I can split it up in parts and put it on Youtube. I might have to put it as private though to avoid copyright.

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Looks like someone is grabbing it now actually.

Those games are approaching 20 years old. Are they still under copyright protection? I know Amazon sells the 93/94 finals DVD set. But never saw any 94/95 offerings.

I also have the 86 Lakers game 5 with Sampson's "shot heard round the world" However that one has the standard audio track of CBS. I think I actually have Mike Scott's no hitter that clinced the Astors playoff berth. I was a sports junky back then ha.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Any Nolan Ryan stuff ?

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I wish. I was too young back in the 80's to realize I was watching a legend. I may have a partial game of his. If I do I will let you know.

16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Just realized I have games 3 and 5 of the Rockets Celtics 86 finals. I believe they are with the CBS audio track and not Peterson.

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Ok. For those interested I have begun seeding game 1 of this series on pirates bay.

18. jocar

jocar Member

Cool but what's a VCR?

19. jocar

jocar Member

Thx bro! What's the title of your upload?

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I assume you are joking about the VCR right

As for the title. Go to monova.org or google pirates bay

search for Houston rockets. You should see both game 1 and 2. I will convert 3 and 4 soon and seed those at well.