1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upgrading xbox

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsRed14, Oct 27, 2012.

?

Which xbox is best?

1. 250 gb

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. 4gb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4gb with kinect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Stick to refurbished

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Looking to upgrade my xbox from the White refurbished one to the newer ones. Went to best buy/ gamestop and found 3 xboxs: a 250 gb, 4gb, and 4gb with kinect. Which one is best? I haven't had any problems with my refurbished one to the point that I had to send it in for repairs, but little things that bothered me like always getting disconnected from xbox live and can't connect from using a network adapter, overheating rings when room is too hot, loud fan. Does any of the types of xbox I listed out known for getting red rings and is kinect worth the extra $100? Also, how much would extra memory cost me for the 4gb in case I wanted to get mine craft and walking dead and other downloads?

2. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

Is 250gb the black elite one? If so I would go with that. We had two white ones go RROD (one was a refurbished one from GameStop) in about a year each but our elite is going 4 years now without a problem.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I went lost my old one which was the fat white 20 gig one. I didn't get the full red ring but had one quarte red ring.

It was going to be around $100 to fix it and they said it would happen again before too long.

I saved for months and got the Star Wars connect edition which is 320 gig hard drive. It's the biggest they have, and has built in wifi connection. It's on sale right now from Amazon for $355.

It's actually cheaper than the 250 gb one which is $389 on Amazon.

I just got it about 3 weeks ago, and I love it. If your HD on your current xbox works get a xbox 360 transfer cable for about $8 and move all your saves and profiles over to the new one. You may have to move over some license agreements too which isn't that hard.

Kinect is fun, especiall the Ultimate Sports edition.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Don't buy a too expensive version, the next XBox will come out in a year.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

New Xbox is coming out very soon. Don't waste excess money buying the most expensive one when all of them are capable of the same thing just about.

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

If this is true I might just have to suck it up and wait for this.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pretty much confirmed, next PS and XBox coming for 2013 Christmas season.

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

"must spread rep"

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

you can probably get a refurbished one from Micro Center for less than or around $100. Get that, then get it modded,and save the rest of the money for the new system :)

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True it will, but it will have faults and problems when it first comes out. I won't get it when it first comes out. If you don't want to play xbox for a year then it's worth it to wait. I have games that I want to play now. Those games will tide me over until xbox works out and improves their new version they release in the next year.

11. AXG

AXG Member

Doesn't Best Buy allow you to upgrade when a newer model comes out? I know it's a little bit extra but it may be worth it if the next XBOX comes out within the next year, although I've never done this so I'm not 100% sure.