1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offical Halarabos Voulgaris Doesn't Have a Problem with McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes. Just because we ourselves wouldn't be great at something it doesn't mean we can't tell the difference between a good or bad performance by a pro.

For example, you don't have to be Steve Jobs to tell the difference between a good smartphone and a bad one. And you don't have to be Michael Jordan, or even Wesley Matthews, to tell the difference between James Harden and CJ Miles. Voulgaris likely wouldn't argue that he'd be a great coach, either, but there is objective evidence (lineup +/- data, success rate in plays called out of time out, etc.) that he can and likely does point to that shows that some coaches are often making irrational decisions.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

"I don't know what to do."
    --Kevin McFail

Did Bob Voulgaris, who has been losing lots of money using his "analytics" to gamble this season, factor that McFail comment into his analysis?

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

nobody heres goes on every plane ride, every practice, every locker room meeting or every summer camp training. We have no idea how hes handling personalities and egos but so far, there hasn't been a single peep from anybody on this team. I don't understand the McHale hate, he's done what he's had to do this year and he exceeded expectations last year.

Look @ Frank Vogel and the Pacers. Theyre imploding right now and we should be lucky that we aren't in the same situation

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

how do you know he's been losing a lot of money this season?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Interesting you bring up Vogel. A year ago, the Pacers were deemed one of the best chemistry teams in the league. Somehow that chemistry got poisoned somewhere along the way this season.

It's really hard to say how a coach is doing in terms of managing egos. The only things one can judge a coach are:

Offensive and defensive systems
    In-game management
    Overall results in the context of the players he has

6. Kwame

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/LeQ71jF1Qzc?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/LeQ71jF1Qzc?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah and when Simmons was listing his top 5 MVP ballot he had Harden 5th and bob didn't have a problem with it. He did mention Dragics name, but didn't put up a fight against Harden at 5th.

8. poing

poing Member

that was last year, and even if he does have a down season, it doesn't make him bad.

9. Kwame

Trend has been continuing this season according to Vegas insiders I've spoken to, but I don't have access to that info. It's not publicly available so make what you want of it. It doesn't make him bad, but it doesn't make his opinion good vis-a-vis McFail. He also likes the Rockets so that may bias his opinion as well.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Could be true. But the sports books folks have their agendas against Voulgaris (and the same thing can be said the other way around).

11. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Wow that really shocks me. I've seen him tweet constantly about how he is the worst defensive guard in the league. Also that paul George is a better play and it's "not even close"

12. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Damn PB&J together make us look like contenders.

13. moose

moose Member

Halarabos Voulgaris?

sounds like some bacterial STD.

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

that's last year and also when you gamble full time, you look long term, not just 1 season, even 1 season isn't long enough. He does gambling on an analytical system, where the variance will return to the mean

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You are thinking that systems will last more than 1 season.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

bahahahahahahahahaha treasures...

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I sportbets pretty much every day, although more in football. His system, he tracks a ton of things and update his data every quarter, every half, and every game. It adjusts itselfs with the data he records. He has a few associates he works with and record all the data. So yes his system last more than 1 season.

18. Kwame

If you bet more in football then it's basically impossible that you "sportsbets pretty much every day."

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

do you have a reading comprehension problem also? more in football, doesn't mean I don't bet at all when not in football season. I actually have baseball and hockey wagers tonight, and yesterday, basketball and baseball. The amount is more in footballball (nfl and cfb)

20. Kwame

What do you mean "also"?

I just don't believe that you "sportsbets pretty much every day" unless you're a complete degenerate who enjoys losing and/or makes $5 to $10 bets, which is understandable. The reason I don't believe you is because I've never read anything insightful by you that leads me to believe that you would be successful at this. Nothing personal...just being honest.