1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

F*** the EU

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 7, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

**** the EU!!!!

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

My wife and I are following this too... Hits close to home, well it is her home.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

When will diplomats learn that this isn't the era of Henry Kissinger, when it was actually quite difficult to obtain this kind of information, in part because the former Soviet Union wouldn't want their capabilities known? It's a different world out there.

As for the Ukraine, I hope that they manage to find peace and join with Europe. The Russians are doing what they can to prevent the Ukraine becoming a member of the EU. I don't doubt that they have provocateurs causing trouble there, and that they have the current president of the Ukraine in their back pocket. Otherwise, his actions don't make much sense, at least to me. Putin wants to recontruct if not the Soviet Union, then a sphere of influence just as large in the states of that former country, in my humble opinion.

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

The US and EU are taking the protesters side, Russia is taking the Govt side. This could get really ugly really quickly. Ukriane is considered the the breadbasket of Europe. Very fertile soil and natural resources and many people don't know this but it's the largest country in Europe. A few sq. kilometers bigger than France. It's something to fight over and we are seeing that right now.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hvds2AIiWLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Isn't that how we Won the Cold War?

That and a ****load of James Bond movies.

Reagan did something too right?

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't really care, but it's hilarious to see people arguing that it's fine given the context when they would obviously be angered if someone said "**** the U.S." in whatever context.

9. downbytheriver

Eh? People and government officials all over the world say that every day and America doesn't bat an eyelash.Wiretaps in Islamic nations excluded. Happens when operate the cogs that push the world forward.