1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. moose

moose Member

Blog Post:
    Rockets experiment with starting Beverley, bringing Lin off bench
    http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5104/rockets-start-beverley-bring-jeremy-lin-off-bench/

<HR>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>HOU starters tonight/this morn: Howard, Jones, Parsons, Harden, Beverley. McHale says likely to rotate starters at PF/PF through preseason.</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman/statuses/388246467330056193">October 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Another stupid move by McFail. I am not a LOF but Lin is clearly a better player.

3. keldraco

keldraco Member

our 2nd unit must really suck

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

preseason is time for experiments.
    Don't get worked up over this.

5. wil55n

wil55n Member

I think it is a good time to experiment with JLin helping out the second unit. Best of luck to the team.

6. coffeelover665

It's worth a shot I think, better then blindly put Lin as the starter for every game and not give Bev a chance.

7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

No NBA coach deprives a NBA player of the starting job like this. If you want to try something new, you can reduce Lin's minutes. But this is clearly a vote of no confidence. I am afraid this would widen the rift between McFail and Lin.

8. moose

moose Member

I'm no LOF, but I don't agree with this call either. Even if it's pre-season.

9. wil55n

wil55n Member

ehh, get over it. let him experiment with it. better to learn now than in the season. besides, Asik will probably be doing the same, and hes on starter contract too!

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

McFail is just a Lin doubter. Raves about Bev all the time but never gives credit to Lin.

11. wil55n

wil55n Member

Dont get me wrong, I agree that Coach McHale appears to treat Jeremy a little differently, and rarely gives him credit, I also dont agree that he should start Bev. But for the sake of enjoying the game, I ain't even mad, just let him experiement and see how it goes.

12. keldraco

keldraco Member

well if they think playing lin with 2nd unit helps the team more, then what can we say. pretty sure the next game lin will start.

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

No coach would experiment like this. This move is simply a slap in the face to Jeremy.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

I am going not say anything , lets watch the starters offensive.

15. wil55n

wil55n Member

We also dont know what coach's plan is.
    He may sub lin early, using bev aggressivly before he fouls out lol

16. quizone

quizone Member

McFail just shixxed in asians' face. Good move.

17. wil55n

wil55n Member

Fellow LOF's, I beg you. Just chill. If everything goes south THEN unleash. Until then, just support the team and hope for a win!

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I feel really bad for Jeremy. I hope he gets traded. The way McFail handles Lin is so irritating. I have never been this mad at a coach before..

19. keldraco

keldraco Member

it only a preseason game. i feel sad too but this the the time for mchale to try different staffs

20. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Fellow LOFs? Now I've heard it all. :eek::rolleyes: