1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberal comedian suggests the Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 28, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

racist joke and not funny at all to refer to Asians like this.

http://news.yahoo.com/outrage-us-comedian-mocks-asian-americans-214330764.html

Washington (AFP) - Social media erupted in outrage and counter-attacks Friday after US comedian Stephen Colbert used language that mocked Asian Americans in what was intended as an anti-racist jibe.

Colbert, who is liberal but parodies a blustery conservative on his late night talk show, took aim at the Washington Redskins football team whose name is considered offensive by many Native Americans.

Colbert mocked team owner Dan Snyder who has announced a fund to support Native Americans while rejecting calls to change the name.

On Twitter and on his "Colbert Report" show on the Comedy Central network, Colbert said: "I am willing to show the Asian community I care by introducing the Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whatever."

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I laughed.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it's Colbert's schtick to throw around charges of racism, let's not play their phony outrage game

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

G** D*** it! I am agreeing with Kojirou again. Aaaaargh!

I thought the joke was funny. He is making fun of how ridiculous the Redskins owner sounded with a native american foundation that has a racial slur against native americans in its name.

Please Comedy Central, don't apologize for this. Or, if you do, say something like "We're sorry that a bunch of you are too stupid to understand the humor in satire and in parallel structure"

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

let's not pretend Colbert would extend the same understanding to those he mocks

6. Orange

Orange Member

It was funny

7. HamJam

Hey dude, your sig, I think you have a typo -- opinion not option.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Expected something better..

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

breaking news! comedian makes a racially insensitive joke!

colbert is a liberal, but the character he plays is a satire of a conservative. bigtexxx you truly are clueless

clown show keeps clowning. sad thing is republican officials are often just as insensitive or even more so and aren't joking

10. HamJam

You know, I just thought of something on this. So, Dan Snyder is super rich. Colbert Report, in my opinion, zinged the stupidity of his ridiculously named native american organization.

Is this surprising hubub over a dog bites man story Snyder's revenge? What other explanation can there be why people are even paying attention to this non-story?

11. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Faux outrage is faux.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Clown show, Friday edition.

13. Orange

Orange Member

Thanks

14. Joe-House

Joe-House Rookie

IS it me or are Asians becoming the most sensitive minority group in America. I mean with the Jimmel Kimmel skit and someone saying peanut oil or something (I don't know exactly but it was pretty harmless).

15. bigtexxx

It's about time they stand up for themselves. Between this and the open discrimination due to the proposed affirmative action in California schools (basically to reduce the numbers of Asians in the universities), they're getting trampled all over.

16. Orange

Orange Member

So bigtexxx is a LOF

17. bigtexxx

nope

I'm a champion for anybody who is discriminated against.

18. platypus

platypus Member

[​IMG]

19. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Like people with pre-existing conditions?

2 people like this.
  20. dback816

dback816 Member

No need to worry.

African Americans will always the most oversensitive group in America, followed by Christians and the Jewish community.