1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 12, 2013.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Coulson Lives!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ySsw-6aetys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

linky

[​IMG]

When fan-favorite supporting character Agent Phil Coulson stood up to the villainous Loki in The Avengers, no one saw the memorable confrontation ending the way it did. Thanks to Joss Whedon, Coulson didn’t make it out alive but his sacrifice motivated Earth’s Mightiest into joining together as The Avengers and saving New York from an alien invasion.

For months after The Avengers broke box office records around the world, the most diehard of Marvel fans started a “Coulson lives” campaign – one that convinced Marvel and Joss Whedon to not only bring actor Clark Gregg back to continue playing the role, but to lead his own show titled Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..

Of all the stories Whedon could have selected to launch a live-action Marvel series on ABC, we knew from the beginning that one centering on covert S.H.I.E.L.D. organization made the most sense. It not only allows for new, original stories to be told while not being beholden to specific Marvel Comics stories, but it can do so without interfering with the Marvel films. It shares the same universe as the films and can take advantage of crossover opportunities while also serving as a platform to launch potential spinoff programs. It’s the beginning of something larger and the Whedon name and Marvel brand made it obvious from the beginning that ABC would pick up the pilot for a season order, and they did. We don’t yet know how many episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will air, beginning this fall, but the marketing campaign begins today.

During the season 2 finale of Once Upon a Time, ABC aired the first exciting TV spot for the Marvel TV show [watch up top]- the first program developed by Marvel Studios and the first series that shares the same space as the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It takes place after The Avengers, and stars Clark Gregg returning from the “dead” as Phil Coulson, with a cast including Ming-Na Wen (ER) as Agent Melinda May, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Brett Dalton (Killing Lincoln) as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet (Nashville) as Skye.

The production values are high for the pilot, reminiscent of the Marvel One-Shots featured on the home video releases of Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor and The Avengers. We’ve selected some stills from the teaser, featuring shots reused from The Avengers, along with some revealing imagery of super-powered people, including someone who can explode. Also note the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on the cargo plane – perhaps a mobile base for Coulson’s team?

The answer to how Coulson returns for the post-Avengers TV show will be answered in the pilot and Clark Gregg told us there’s definitely an element of deception at play while Marvel high-ups including Kevin Feige and Joss Whedon hinted that it’s a certainty that Coulson will eventually make a return in the films as well.

Speculation:

Luke Cage?

[​IMG]

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Ming Na, still got it baby!

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I assume this series is supposed to be events leading up to the Avengers. Agent Coulson is teh dedz.

If this is anywhere close to as good as the first season of Heroes... I'd call it a success.

4. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

In the article it says it's post- avengers movie

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Correct. I didn't read the last paragraph. Reading fail on my part? I'd say so, yes.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yes! TV needed a show like this. Please don't make it like Heroes though.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

I want it to be like Heroes in the sense that there is one major villain, not a new one every other episode or so. At least like the first season. The second onward are forgettable.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was going to say "how do they explain Coulson's death?" but then remembered this is comics universe where nobody stays dead.

9. magman

magman Member

In the Avengers when Fury puts the blood stained cards on the table, Agent hill mentions that the cards were in his locker not on Coulson.

I bet in order for Coulson to still be alive they will reveal that Fury faked the death of Coulson to bring the Avengers together.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not starting until late September? What if I die before then? Why can't everything I want happen right when I want it?

Anyway, will watch. The shows I record will come to 3: Korra, Shark Tank, SHIELD.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Uh, hello? Am I the only one paying attention? The Coulson that died was obviously a Life Model Decoy. :)

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That's what I was thinking too when I first saw the movie.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

He was killed by a norse god, it is 100% impossible for him to come back! :mad:

:p

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was mostly being silly, but yeah I think that is at least one likely scenario.

15. seancom103

seancom103 Member

I am looking forward to it, but I don't think I'll ever like it better than another show with "SHIELD" in its name.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

The guy with the jacket and hoody looks a bit like Steve Francis at first glance...

17. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Wonder if it will have any big screen cameos. That could def be a rating booster. Randomly announce rdj sj scarjo for certain episodes. Only prob is money. For bringing rdj

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Whoa, I thought they wanted to do a Luke Cage movie, but that dude in the hoodie looks like he might be Luke Cage.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If they let JW do what he wants, this show will be awesome.

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WEREbxGyDzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>