1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Should we try to sign Eric Gordon this summer, or wait for James Harden in 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LOLatSoccer, Mar 17, 2012.

1. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

I personally believe that Eric Gordon may end up in Indiana, it depends if the Pacers sign Hibbert to an extension this summer( although i dont know the Pacers cap situation)

Harden i think is kinda overrated.. I mean he is a good 3-pointer shooter.. plays above average defense from what i can tell. But can he constantly drive the lane and get to the line over and over. Can he be a clutch player. I dunno... His stats are nice, and effiecent... And Morey would probably target him in 2013.. because he is a Morey type of player.

Does anybody think James Harden is only putting up stats, because he plays on a loaded team with Durant and Westbrook. I mean he has a 22 PER( but does that mean anything, when he hardly takes any shots)... seems like his numbers are inflated a tad bit

2. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

we'll definitely get one of these guys! lol

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

James Harden is a very good player, hes not overrated.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Gordon is a RFA isn't he?

If so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden will get extended. The OKC guys enjoy playing with their Harden.

6. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Pretty sure Harden likes where he is at and I've heard he doesn't think highly of Houston. Gordon is more realistic but I don't see either happening.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden isn't going to sign here, he'll resign with OKC. If they don't resign him he'l resign somewhere more luxurious then houston. Probably with a newly formed super team ( where ever dwight or dwill goes.

8. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

What about Ibaka

OKC cant afford all those guys, and they already have 2 perimeter players (westbrook, and durant) signed to max deals. I think they will keep Ibaka, and let Harden walk.

9. Sman2k10

Sman2k10 Member

Where did you hear about his hate for houston?

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Can they keep both Harden and Ibaka though?

I feel like Ibaka will be a higher priority for them, they have essentially 3 back court players and Ibaka is the only legitimate post presence, not so much on offense yet but that could change.

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And gordon is nice. I'd imagine we could sign him if we threw him the money he wants plus more, but the question is can we with lowry ( 6'0 ) and gordon ( 6'3 ) win? I'd imagine we'd need to have top notch defensive bigs to be a contender with such a small back court.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It won't matter if NOH wants to keep him. He's a RFA so they'll get to match. Seems like RFA's hardly ever change teams.

14. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Here is a great plan for 2012 offseason if neither player I mention get extensions. Gordon and Hibbert are both restricted FA's. We will have a ton of money and will have every opportunity to front load a contract or 2. Morey will finally get the chance to be the predator in negotiations, and he will go all out. If they wanted to come here, I could see him signing both to "poison pill" filled contracts. Making it almost impossible for the Pacers and Hornets to match.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Nerleans Noel or Shabazz Muhammad in 2013

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

My guess is they will pay what it takes to keep each of these guys. I think they will dump Perkins' salary at some point to save some money.

As for Gordon, I like him, but what's with his knees? Out all season. Sounds kind of scary.

17. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

We have no CHANCE at those guys

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I doubt Gordon wants to stay in NOLA. Expecting him to accept the qualifying offer and become unrestricted next year.

19. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Eric Gordon seems very injury prone.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I actually don't think OKC will extend Harden... small market, they can't afford to go deep into the luxury tax. I figure they will trade him for a high 1st rounder or package of cost-controlled youngs and continue to build around Westbrook/Durant.

I suppose they could trade Westbrook instead, but I don't see it happening.