1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] HQ Rockets Highlights (Vs Hornets - 10.09.07)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Oct 10, 2007.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Rockets Vs Hornets (10.09.07)
    Number Of Clips: 16
    Video Format: WMV
    File Format: RAR
    File Size: 183 MB
    Quality: High Quality (720 x 480)

Torrent

Video List
    [​IMG]

2. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

tryna beat R2K eh?

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

cool batkins thanks looks like y'all were able to get things straightened out good stuff

4. FFz

FFz Member

wmv? plz convert to MKV or at least AVI if you want to call it HQ.

5. batkins

Actually, he asked me to help him out this year. He spends so much time and effort into his clips, this is the least I could do.

6. batkins

Trust me, it's HQ.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

dont worry about it most people dont know that you are trying to help r2k out...in the past people would post torrents from other sites before r2k did his to try to beat him...

if people haven't noticed they are using the same tracker...

probably will end up filling up my hard drive faster but i can just buy a new drive hds are cheap now....or god forbid erase the TBs of pr0n on the pc ;)

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

the tracker is private, so anyone that has posted a video on there is doing it with my sanction...adn with my thanks.

there is a difference between what batkins does, and what I do.

I release ones that are smaller file sizes with the resulting loss of clarity, it makes it easier on those not on fiber optic lines to get them (and helps overseas where lots of people are on bandwidth limited internet access)

this provides choices for the fans, not everyone is willing or able to download the larger files.

win win.

9. batkins

Also, another reason I use WMV is because a lot of people uses my clips to make mixes, and the most popular one I hear is Vegas, and AVI is not compatible with it and WMV is. Quality would be the same if I made it AVI anyways.

10. NothingButNet

NothingButNet Member

batkins,

I'm impressed by the image quality after I downloaded the SF3 put back dunk video you made the other day. I'm sure this one is just as good. I'm wonder if you will be able to make the whole game video available in HQ. I understand the file will be much larger than R2K but I truly want to enjoy the Rockets game in HQ. I look forward to your response.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I was quite inspired by that stuffing T-Mac gave to one of the Hornets players (West, I think). He rejected it off the board and shouted afterwards. Always nice to see some conviction right off the bat.

12. johnrox

johnrox Member

Batkins, that was great, I second this quote, it would be AWESOME to see the rox on HQ if possible. Thanks

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Awesome stuff batkins. I can already predict that mix video makers will absolutely love getting clips like this.

Although I'm wondering about why you choose to release it as a rar file. It makes more sense to me to torrent it in a folder with the individual clips, instead of compressing it. That way, people can pick and choose the clips they want instead of downloading the whole thing. Also compressing the file doesn't make the file any smaller, so I can't think of any pros for raring the clips together.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH this is so very cool!

Thanks Batkins! I know this stuff is a lot of work. I would offer to help yall if I had the know how.

These will all be listed on the main tracker site r2k?

15. Mad Max

Mad Max Member

My god, some people in here are so sad, it's not some kind of competition on who's releasing games first, if someone was trying to release the game be appreciative of their efforts instead of trying to question their motive. Even if it from another site!

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I already do. :)

I used a good amount of batkins' footage in my TMac mix. Too bad I needed old Steve Francis and Mike James clips (that I couldn't get from batkins) or else my entire mix would have been from him, and in HQ. Hopefully next time.

Thanks a ton, batkins.

17. batkins

I've tried doing that, but the file size is around 2-4 GBs, and that's really just too much to download and upload. Sorry, but one thing I am planning on doing is making a video every time one of our players score 30+ points of every basket that scored (in HQ).

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I dont think they realize EXACTLY how long it takes to download something that big.

with basketball games coming every other day and on consecutive nights sometimes, the downloader of HQ games would still be halfway thru downloading the first one when the next one tipsoff...even with a fast connection.

Ive downloaded something larger than 2G via bittorrent once...it took four days.

there is a reason why I try to keep em CD sized...and it isnt because Im incapable of offering HQ vids.

19. NothingButNet

NothingButNet Member

Dear R2K and batkins,

Believe me, everybody on this forum appreciate your hard work very very much. Without your contribution and dedication especially R2K's, our Rockets fans' life won't be the same. But for a diehard fan like me, who doesn't live near Houston, who can only watch Rockets games on national TV (ESPN and TNT), whose local cable provider is one of worst in the country that doesn't offer NBATV and league pass, and who can't afford satellite, with the rapidly improved broadcasting technology today, I (I'm sure a lot fans who are in the same boat with me) am dying to see more Rockets game in HD or HQ. This desperation increases every day with the new season on the corner. And you are my only hope.

I have two suggestions and I hope you could seriously consider:

1) Is it possible you can find and work with more members in this forum to share your workload and make more videos available in HQ?

2) If possible, you don't have to make the every game in HQ. Just selected games in which the Rockets give outstanding performance. Games such as winning games vs Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Lakers etc. they did in the last season. For selected great games, I'm sure a lot of fans are willing to spend 3-4 days downloading the huge video files because we want to treasure the moment.

Please consider my request seriously. You are always the king members of this community.

20. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

hey batkins,

how come the aspect ratio is 3:2? shouldn't it be 4:3?

good quality though. 3.5mbps bitrate! :eek: