1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st Time Things Don't Go Daryl Morey's Way, What Now ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by httx713, Jul 7, 2010.

1. httx713

httx713 Member

Is anyone disappointed in DM, was the caravan a bad idea ? For those of you who often refer to DM as God, what now ? I think he is a very good GM but not good enough to lure the big names when we have to compete against Chicago, New York and Miami. It's not Daryl's fault that Bosh chose a more glamorous city and a superstar player over a great city H-Town and a very good rockets team, but reality is that Bosh opted to be Wade's pet instead of coming here to be the MAN and take over this franchise. I guess for now we hope Daryl Morey can use his magic/mojo/voodoo and hope Yao's foot stays in one place. The best thing is that if Lebron goes back to Cleveland or chooses Miami or Chicago, the Knicks are going to suck Amare or no Amare so those picks will be a lot more valuable.
    So let's not go with the " In Morey We Trust " ; let's just go with " In those Doctors who operated on Yao's foot we trust " because at this point he's the best and only addition to the team. Hopefully the Rockets won't go into desperate mode and throw a bunch of money at David Lee; he's a nice player but not big enough, not athletic enough and a little on the soft side. Al Jeffeson also a nice player but character issues and major injury should be a big red flag for the rockets. Let's just bring Scola and Kyle L back and hope for the best.
    Plan B = Bring Scola and Kyle back + Bring Brad Miller as Yao's Backup. Let the young players develop.

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

Morey is not going to panic and throw money unneccessarily at other free agents...

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not disappointed at all.

I did not realize he had to be 100% on getting everything done he wants to do
    in order to be GREAT!
    :rolleyes:

Rocket River

4. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets knew the odds were against them and made that clear. Life goes on.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

This was a long shot from the beginning, shouldn't be disappointed. Morey has proven he knows how to run a franchise now he just needs to cash in his chips and complete the puzzle.

6. jedicro

jedicro Member

Free agency is altogether a different ball of wax than is the draft or getting trades done. DM couldn't really do anything but build a strong team that would be appeasing to a FA. He did that, but they preferred the lights.

It's ok though. I don't think DM is worried. He has god knows how may contingency plans ready to go.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

We didnt get Gorat either.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wait... his other moves work 100% of the time?

[​IMG]

And yes, in Morey we trust. Only idiots thing that means we trust Morey to be right 100% of the time and all his moves work out perfectly.

The intelligent ones among us knows to trust that Morey has done his homework before his moves are made. May not always work, but he does everything to maximize the odds.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Why did you post a picture of Ray Lewis in a Rockets uniform? :confused: :confused: I'm confused

10. Garner

Garner Member

DM also failed to bring over Marcin Gortat. Even still, my faith him as the GM of the Rockets has never waivered.

A very silly thread. Relax, take a deep breath.

I still stand by, In Morey We Trust.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

what??

hardly the first time things have not gone morey's way

fernandez being taken away
    Dorsey not panning out
    Francis signing a bust
    the trade for mike james (dumping howard though was a plus)
    having to give BACK a 2nd rounder to memphis to take SF
    having to give a 2nd rounder to minnesota to take Kirk Snyder
    tracy mcgrady blocking a deal that could have meant a WCF/Finals appearance 2 years ago
    David Andersen
    having to take on Brian Cook
    not getting gortat last year

Morey has been able to move forward with many different plans I am sure he will do the same here. its not like the Rockets LOST anything (players or picks wise) in the pursuit of bosh

1 person likes this.
  12. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Bosh was most likely headed to Miami with Wade from the very beginning.

You can't lose what you never had.

The assets that Morey was planning on using to get Bosh in a S&T are probably pretty attractive right now to other teams.

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

or get mad over it....that needs to be stickied at the top of this forum

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Screw Bosh. He showed us all his true colors during this free agency fiasco. He is and will always will be a follower. Dude is worst than McGrady. At least McGrady didn't try to ride the coat tails of his supposed booty buddy like Bosh did with Wade.

I'm 100% proud of Morey for doing all that he could! I just hope he pounces on a weak team like Indiana or New Orleans and nets us Granger or possibly CP3. Maybe even someone like Rudy Fernandez and Joel Pryzbilla from the Blazers.

16. NerdJames

NerdJames Member

waht was the deal that tmac blocked that could have resulted in finals appearence?

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

yeah I agree with others.. this was hardly the first time.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

QFT. IMHO what makes DM really great is his risky moves involve very little risk. He's had a lot misses, like drafting Dorsey, and signing Francis/Andersen, but unlike other GMs whose mistake are extremely costly (Darko over Melo, Turkoglu for raps, Gay for Grizz, Kidd for Harris), his mistakes have very little impact.

19. RyanB

RyanB Member

no need to worry
    this has nothing to do with Morey
    it is way further than chosing between playing with Yao or Wade
    there are a lot of considerations and with all that Bosh could be wrong
    Morey is smart, and i think this was his biggest step as a GM because simply we were the only team competing against big teams that have cap space
    Morey won't spend money for someone who's not worth like the NY stupids :grin: :grin:
    i'd prefer tanking ( as worst scenario) than paying a max for Amare to play with ghosts :grin: :grin:

for the Caravane it was great
    no regret at all

so wait and you will see a smart upgrade
    just be patient
    sometimes u have to deal with what u have rather than losing money with no wise

20. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

1) disappointed in DM? - NO. u dont get what u want 100%
    2) caravan a bad idea? - NO. good idea, obv not the best success but did no harm
    3) DM vs miami, NY, chicago - you are comparing a GM with large market cities. DM is by far superior to the GM's in these cities, he does a superb job with less assets than others.

4) IN MOREY I TRUST

1 person likes this.