1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any word on McHale's job security?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by downbytheriver, Jan 22, 2015.

1. downbytheriver

Don't think we, as fans, should meekly and quietly ignore the blowouts to contenders, the embarrassing lack of play calling and players not feeling accountable to the clown that is Mchale.

Good job guys, let's go is not a coaching strategy.

Top 5 in terms of overall talent. bottom 3 in terms of coaching ability.

We all know where this is going [[AGAIN]] and need to pressure the front office to make a change. I don't care if the players sulk and whine about fans coming to games and asking mchale to resign, they don't know what's best for them. Jordan turned out to be a horrible GM, as did Kobe. Anyone with half a brain just knows McHale has to be pushed out ASAP or we'll keep wasting Harden's years. Morey needs to take a back seat and stop using stats to tell players where to shoot from, basketball isn't a video game.

We've really got to force a change.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Well we extended him a month ago...

3. downbytheriver

This team is only anywhere because of Harden.

Who needs 45 points and 4 quarters of play from him to beat the Knicks.

Time and time again he bails McHale out. Unfortunately, better teams know this and it's the same STORY EACH AND EVERY TIME.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

McHale just got extended 3 years and has this year and next. It is what it is.

5. downbytheriver

And that's an ironclad agreement?????

You've got to cut your losses. Teams have fired coaches with much bigger contracts left on the table.

Fans have to grow a spine and stand up for themselves instead of resigning themselves to the fate of prisoners.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

So when Harden goes to the line we chant, "MVP!!, FIRE MHALE!!!"

7. OpportunityCost

I feel that this is fan cruelty being committed by Les; I mean to waste this talent like this with us fans knowing it could possibly be not as bad with a person more well-suited to be a HC. To make us suffer like this is just not right.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Rick Smith safe

9. OpportunityCost

Another person who needs to be relieved of their duties.

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Is Mchale a great coach, no, but if you think the totatlity of his strategy is saying "lets go" how can anyone take you seriously?

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

can you explain his strategy?

i see YOLO 3's and zero ball movement. Don't get me started on the defense.

i have no damn clue what these bozo's are doing in practice.

they have no focus.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

With as tough as the West is this year , its entirely possible they don't make the playoffs .... They have an extremely tough schedule coming up and more road games than home games from here on out.

They have multiple games remaining with every West playoff contender accept Golden State & OKC who they face once each.
    They have gone 10-9 over the last 19 , if they continue that .... the risk of missing the playoffs is real as it could take 50 wins to make the top 8 and 1 game over 500 from here on puts them at 49.

Under those circumstances , I could see McHale being fired.

Hell , it might be worth missing the playoffs if we could rid ourselves of McHale.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

needs? HAS TO is more like it. Sigh :(

14. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

Considering it's for like 12mil total, I'd say it's a pretty "ironclad" agreement.

15. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I agree. I'm down for something radical at a game like fire McHale sign or paper bagging your fat face.

Really, he needs to go.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Look, I'm not a McHale apologist by any means. I absolutely think his lack of offensive prowess in coaching holds us back. However, this team doesn't get blown out by a continuous bevy of contenders. They are 10-10 with 4 of those losses coming against the Warriors. 10-6 against over .500 teams is pretty damned good. In fact, outside of the Clippers (who were played during our bounty of injuries) and Warriors, the Rockets have beaten every other Western Conference contender this season at least once. I'm all for a measured debate on whether or not McHale is the right coach, but this witch-hunt is getting out of control.

2 people like this.
  17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

McHale and Morey are tied to the hip. You can't have one without the other. We will see Morey go before McHale, because McHale is basically Morey if he were the coach of this team. 3's and layups.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

So I see this is the thread where the wackos are hanging out.

How long can I stay and watch the fun before it starts to affect my thinking process?

19. kemah

kemah Member

I was wondering why we needed another fire Mchale thread. We already have one.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just got word:

“He’s the winningest coach in the history of the Rockets. He has a great rapport with the players. He’s a recruiter because everyone wants to play for him. But I also felt in a way I wanted to keep the relationship really good with Kevin so that he never felt negativity. I felt if we waited to the end of this year because he’s done so well there’d be some “Oh, they’re only keeping me because they have to, or because I won.’ I don’t think that was the right thing to do.”