1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

News Bulletin: Ray Allen has lost his respect for Allen Iverson.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by University Blue, Jun 3, 2001.

1. University Blue

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2001/2001/0602/1208726.html

In the category of "Who gives a shhhhhhhhh...it,"

Teeth marks! Damn, three out of four dentists recommend that Iverson keeps his face out of the way of Allen's lethal elbows.

University (Ray Allen Mouth Guard: Distance) Blue

------------------

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Unbelievable the way some people try and change the story to make players look bad. Ray Allen had the ball stripped, and he was chasing after it. When you move, your arms move too. As he was trying to get it, Iverson tried to sneak in from behind and steal it, and literally ran straight into Ray Allen's elbow. Not a thing Ray could do about it.

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

3. University Blue

I [for The Cat, read: "some people"] don't have to try to make Allen look bad, he does a good job of it on his own.

You are, however, welcome to defend him [for The Cat, read: "change the story to make Ray Allen look better"].

University (Someone get Allen in contact with an Elbow-ologist for that crazy condition.) Blue

------------------

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Heh heh.. UB can be such a bizzitch sometimes.

I mean that in a good way. [​IMG]

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

5. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

UB,
    Are you the same poster that thinks Jason Williams (of the Kings) is better or will be better than Jason Kidd? Just curious.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.

http://www.clutchtown.com

6. University Blue

It wouldn't take much for Jason Williams to be better than Jason Kidd. To borrow/further a thought from another poster (in another thread), what does it take to lead your team to absolutely no-where in the playoffs?!

University (Kidd and Third Little Pig Constructions) Blue

------------------

7. University Blue

"That's a fall-back, not a fadeaway."

University ( [​IMG] ) Blue

------------------

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

By that logic you might as well say that Rick Fox will be better than Tracy Mcgrady.

------------------
    The season's over, but the 'Stros have started. Guess I'm still gonna be nursing that keg...

[This message has been edited by AstroRocket (edited June 03, 2001).]

9. Steve_Francis_rules

What would it take for him to lead his team nowhere? It would probably take him getting off the bench in the 4th quarter. [​IMG]

------------------

10. University Blue

My Assertion: (A,B-->C)
    Your Interpretation: (A,B-->C)-->(D,E-->F)

Your interpretation is only true if D,E satisfy the same conditions as A,B or if there is a strict one-to-one correlation.

University (Monday Morning with Turing) Blue

------------------

11. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I'm not smart enough for this BBS anymore. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

12. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

If we could add some integers and if, then statements, I think we'd be on to something.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

WTF?! It was a perfect correlation.

You said:
    You're saying that because the Suns didn't make it out of the first round, Jason Kidd didn't lead them anywhere. Ditto, then, for Tracy Mcgrady.

You then used the quote to infer that because Jason Williams' Kings made it to the 2nd round (where they were SWEPT) he had accomplished more than Kidd (though he had a limited role in the Kings success, and never actually "led" his team, as Kidd dd).
    Ditto for Rick Fox.

------------------
    The season's over, but the 'Stros have started. Guess I'm still gonna be nursing that keg...

[This message has been edited by AstroRocket (edited June 04, 2001).]

14. University Blue

No, you made that assumption on your own.

University (Just Ewe) Blue

------------------

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

You're right. The quote was actually saying that because Kidd hadn't gotten far in the playoffs it wouldn't take much for Williams to pass him. My mistake.
    But my first comparison still applies here.
    McGrady didn't go far in the playoffs, Fox did.

------------------

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

ROTFLMAO! University Blue wins the award for the most original posts on this board. [​IMG] Take a bow UB [​IMG]

------------------