1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TANKERS!! Tell me this didn't feel good

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 18, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

All those who want us to lose out
    for the rest of the season.
    Can you really say these last few wins
    didn't feel good?

I like this. AND WANT TO CONTINUE

100% Quitten FREE!!!!

Rocket River
    K.T. Are you Wit' me!!

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Man.. Tell you the truth.. Winning sure is good..

SHOULD WE TANK OR NOT!!!!

I say make a run to the playoffs. Then trade our draft pick and MObley to get like a good pick.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Othella Harrington, Kenny Thomas, Cuttino Mobley, Sam Cassell, Michael Dickerson... With picks like that, who needs the lottery?

------------------
    WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL.

[This message has been edited by AntiSonic (edited January 18, 2000).]

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Right on.Rudy and CD can find the talent.Kenny Thomas is a good example of that he will be known as the steal of the draft.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I never said tank on purpose, just let the young kids play.

They are learning in a hurry.

I am just glad that Thomas is getting his just due, I have been SCREAMING for him to get some time. He has the best court awareness of any of the Rockets, and he rebounds with ferocity. I like him.

DaDakota

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Like that feeling, huh?

Well, get used to it because this team isn't going to the lottery.

Will we make the playoffs? There is a chance. This ride ain't over yet boys and girls!

------------------
    Tanking is not acceptable. End of story.

7. driver8

driver8 Contributing Member

I'm not gonna get cocky just yet. Tonight was merely a stepping stone. It's all about building on a game like this.

Damn, Dream sure did look tired out there.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

No, this did not feel good.

I don't mind us playing well, as I've said before. But we didn't need the W tonight. To get to the lottery, we needed the L.

We're not going to the playoffs this year, so what's the point of a meaningless rise of 3 or 4 places in the rankings? All that does is take us farther away from drafting the players we need.

The whole thing has me really depressed . . .

NOT!

EAT MY SHORTS, SCOTTIE PIPPEN! WOO HOO! Get used to the smell of Steve Francis' shoes in your face and Kenny Thomas' fat butt in your rib cage. I LOVE THIS GAME!

Don't EVER underestimate the heart of a champion-two-or-three-years-after-we-pick-up-one-more-great-player-in-the-lottery.

9. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Will, baby! You had me going there for a sec. I think I woke the wife on that one!

10. vince

vince Member

Mobley would be a top 10 pick in this years draft knowing what we know now. With awsome talent evaluators as the rockets have, what better can the rockets do with higher picks. Last year Dickerson was their man, even if they would have had a 7 or 10 th pick.

We'd just boo the rocks for taking a guy with the 6th pick that no scout even had on their top 100, then everyone would say how the top pick was the bust and the rockets pick would win rookie of the year.

Who needs high draft picks. Everyone but the rocks and Jazz. The Jazz may be even better than the rockets or a close second. Talk about using the draft to fill up needs.