1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attendance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cliffnote, Feb 22, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Cliffnote

Cliffnote Member

overthe past 10 homes games how much has the attendance figures improved?

------------------

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Around 11-12 thousand a game .

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Wow the summit must be rockin with an extra 11-12 thousand a game. I didn't know that the Compaq Center sat so many people =)

------------------
    ``It's bigger than chalupas,''.....Wesley Person

4. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

The numbers haven't drastically improved a great deal, but the past few games I've been to, it seems like the fans are more supportive and that the arena is a little bit more packed than usual. I know packed and Compaq Center aren't two words that go together alot, but it just seemed like the crowds have been larger. We'll see how the recent surge of the Rockets affects the ticket sales tommorow versus Orlando. I think ticket sales will be at 13,000 , which would be an improvement. This is off topic, but I just remembered this Barkley heckler of a few years ago who was just dogged with his insults, and had to be the worst heckler I've ever heard at Rocket's games. He would just go on saying "Baaarrrklllleeyyyy! You suck Barkley! Put in Othella Rudy! Get Barkley's fat ass outta there!" Does anybody know the guy I'm talking about? He just stands out in my mind.

------------------

5. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah Tacoma, that was me.......

But,don't worry, I have been working on some new material for Barkley, for when he comes out of retirement........

I promise, you'll like it, I'll even let you sit by me during the game.........

6. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

lol, that was you? I didn't take any offense to it, I just thought it was funny as hell, because you could tell Barkley could hear you. You sit in the lower level, right?

------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited February 22, 2001).]