1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ricky Rubio coming to Minnesota?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by desi tmac91, Dec 30, 2010.

1. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14486778/rebuilding-turning-into-lengthy-process-for-timberwolves

:grin:

2. QPower

QPower Member

Wicky Wubio is coming to America!

[​IMG]

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Rubio, Mayo, Johnson, Beasley, Love, Darko/Pekovic as their main rotation players won't win a lot of games next year, but it would have to do. They would be better than now.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Mayo?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I guess you have doubts that adding Mayo would improve their incredibly bad backcourt (maybe the worst in the NBA)?

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

That is assuming that Minny can acquire Mayo on the cheap and the Wolves also have a top 5 pick this year (weak draft but a top pick nonetheless). That would be a great young though imo.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

They need to bring in some veterans on that team to help show them the way. I don't like the idea of a roster entirely that young.. someone needs to be showing these kids how to be a professional.

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

No my bad thought u meant it like he was already on the twolves

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I agree but Minny has collected themselves a fine group, unlike the Kings. Kahn's strategy is to find good young MATURE talent and have them grow together as a group much like the Thunder did. Maturity was the reason they picked Wesley Johnson over DeMarcus Cousins.

10. Prince

Prince Member

Let him come....

11. devilsdandruff

he will be the next Rudy Fernandez crying to go home after a season.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

I read on ESPN that a Mayo for Flynn or Mayo for Brewer can go down soon.

13. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Geeez what a steal.

14. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

He is not even that amazing with Barcelona so I'm not sure why this kid has so much hype.

I rather have Teodosic than Rubio...

15. what

what Member

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i read on msnbcsports that kahn WILL draft kyle irving if he drops to them. he will trade one of the PGs obviously

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Or not that obviously...you never know what he'll do....i wouldn't be surprised if he kept them. Gotta make up for losing Lawson.

18. what

what Member

There is no way he does that, he doesn't even want to appear to do anything to dissuade Rubio from coming.

Those "reports" are often clearly wrong. I speak from the experience of the memphis grizzlies fan. There have been countless reports that the grizzlies were going to trade Rudy Gay, That they would trade Zach and Marc or not pay them to stay, when the opposite were true.

In the mass media Kahn still has the reputation of the guy that drafted 2 lottery pick point guards, so naturally that's what they believe he will go after. I say don't hold your breath on that. What they really need is size: Donatas Motiejunas, for example. Or they will pick up a small forward. They won't touch Irving with a ten foot pole.

19. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Rubio and Love could be an aswesome duo. They should draft or trade for a natural 2 or a natural 3 or a natural 5. They have way too many Tweeners in: Beasley 3/4, Johnson 2/3, Randolph 3/4, Pekovic 4/5. These guys all overlap eachother and cause logjams. They would awesome to come off the bench and cause mismatches.

20. Rockets_4_life

Motiejunas is mostly a 4, and they already have Kevin Love in that position. There's also Derrick Williams who can play the 3, but the wolves already have Beasley. I think they best pick for Minny would probably be C Enes Kanter.

PG Rubio | SG Johnson |SF Beasley |PF Love |C Kanter

Great young group to build you franchise on.