1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer free agency: Thunder or Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BoomTown, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

MEH

Why go to a coach you won two national championships with...

When you can stay and play for a coach you won an NBA Championship with...

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Agree with this. I hope that we can keep both Brewer and Smith as well as getting a legitimate PG.

That is probably unrealistic though.

If we were forced to choose, I would rather have Brewer than Smith. His energy coming off the bench is awesome to see and is the perfect high-energy spark kind of guy for coming off the bench.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

There is a thread: "[Jason Quick] Trail Blazers' list of concerns after Game 1 should include the future of LaMarcus Aldridge" in the NBA dish to talk this.

Of course, the rockets have to play well in the next series so Aldridge can feel he have a great future in this team instead of Spurs or Mavs, then a trade can be made between two teams.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

what?

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think the coach drives as many of these transactions as people seem to think. I think it's money, winning, and role. After you whittle down the list on those criteria, then you can start thinking about what city you want to live in, what coach you want to play for, etc. It's possible OKC will offer more money, and then we might lose him. But, with the injuries there and the possibility of Durant leaving, the winning is imperiled. If the money is equal, you go with the surer bet on who can contend.

6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

While money is a big motivator, people like Brewer, Dwight, Jsmoove are all about fitting in, winning, and be happy. There are not a lot of big egos in our group. I think Brewer is the 3rd best sixth man and looks really happy to be with James, Dwight, and McHale. I think, like some others, that Morey will look to keep as much of this team together and let them play a whole season together. Brewer anchors that 2nd group. He is beloved in Htown for his heart and play. No way we let him go.

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Doubt we letting Smith and Brewer leave.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Brewer isn't a good starter

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I'm hoping Brewer stays. I recall his comments in an interview where he also appreciated and knew of previous attempts we made to trade for him and he seemed to really appreciate that.
    Not to also forget the McHale relationship and the success we're having this season.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I have a good feeling about Brewer staying.

He's bounced around enough to understand the value of finding a perfect fit. There is no fit more perfect in the NBA than as the Rockets' first wing off the bench.

11. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

He ain't no bag of chips ;)

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

13. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

If Brewer leaves, then KJ McDaniels takes his place.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Doesn't OKC have to worry about matching whatever deal Kanter gets this summer? And I think they're already capped out even before that. If Brewer does leave, it ain't gonna be to the Thunder. And besides, he ain't leaving.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Trade Ariza, start Brewer. He was leading the league in steals as a starter with Minnesota. Not much else to say about it.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You mean this guy?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]