1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ticket Discount for ClutchFans on Rockets Team of the 90's Night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

UPDATE 3/21/2012:
    <HR>

Just a heads up - the Rockets just called to extend a discount to ClutchFans users for tickets to this Thursday's game (3/22). It's the game against Golden State honoring Hakeem Olajuwon and the Team of the 90's.

I believe it will be lower bowl seats (probably near the Rowdies) for $30, and could have an opt-in for some food at a discount also.

I'll probably have a link to pass along in the morning.

(and as usual, I like to make it clear that I don't get anything for this... just passing along what could be a good deal)

1 person likes this.
  2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

3. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Haha that's sad, how long can they go?? Nobody wants to see this team on a night when they choose to disrespect one of the best PFs we ever had and the guy who turned choke into clutch city.

Boycot!!

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Damn, if I didn't have to work Thursday night I would be 100% all over this.

5. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Yep the wife's birthday is on Thursday you guys help me with some ideas on how I can swing this one for a night out. Lol

6. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

I'd like to bring back my idea of making a ClutchFans section at Toyota.

7. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

I wish i could actually use all these promotions..
    - was hoping to fly down south to see the lakers at rockets... but exams got in the way
    - anyways 30$ for a lower bowl nba game is a steal in my opinion... do it up guys

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Had me at food at a discount.

9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

this.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I second this. That would be nice.

11. Dr_Funke

Dr_Funke Member

Thanks Clutch! Very much appreciated.

12. johnnyonthespot

Oh for cryin' out loud! I just bought tickets yesterday!!!! $25 each for the upper deck! NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!

13. TheresTheDagger

Can't make it. Will be in Las Vegas for a conference.

Sweet sixteen and the Bellagio sports book.

Ya baby!!!

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Where do we go to purchase these?

15. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I hate that they keep doing these tribute nights on the less appealing game nights. Yes the tributes may help sell a few more tickets, but the last 2 tribute nights the arena was pretty empty. I wish we could've had a better crowd on those nights to support those former players. If you can make it out to this game- go! I think tickets around the Rowdies section usually go for $65 so this is a steal!

Yes, I agree OT got robbed, but I don't think the Rockets organization altered the voting. It's the people who voted who 'disrespected" him. The last 2 decades, it was pretty clear as to which 5 players would make it. If you noticed, the time between the voting closing and the tribute game was a lot closer for the 70s and 80s, almost not enough to notify the players and allow them time to fly into Houston as well as print out the giant portion of the time line to put on the wall. For the 90s, there was like at least a 2 week difference. I was told by someone in the Rockets organization before the 90s voting opened that they were going to go entirely by what people voted. Elie playing the later half of the 90s, while OT playing the earlier, so Elie was probably more well known by younger fans. His kiss of death makes him an even more familiar name and the fact that he is a coach now probably helped to. Kenny is on TNT, so his name is heard all of the time. You really don't hear Thorpe's name much. When I became a fan about 5 years ago, it was quite awhile before I found out who Thorpe was, but Elie I definitely knew.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well the Arena is empty most nights so whatever they can do to increase ticket sales they need to do. I just don't think most houstonians really care anymore about the rockets as the rockets are bottom 5 in attendance. Just buy the 10 dollars wait till the 2nd quarter and just walk around to the section where they are comping tickets. Even thirty bucks for lower bowl tickets is too much with the products the rockets are putting out.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They should just honor all of them. Even Scotty Brooks !:)

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They'll do a 2013-2014 20 year thing I bet.

20 damnit!

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

So who's in? I'm seriously considering.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

diamonds