1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is gonna be a fun squad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 7, 2016.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Despite not landing a superstar aka every trans fate nearly, we've got a pretty fun team to watch given they stay healthy.

I'm not a fan of tanking, I think it's bad for the fans and a lot if teans that tank don't always end up on the winning side either, getting bust, draft picks leaving and etc. I realuze most championship teams built through the draft but I don't think there is any one way to win and a lot of teams tank and get no reward. I'm all for building agin competive team always. It really doesn't matter now anyway with what the Warriors have done

Im excited to see this team under mike, I think we actually hand big aspirations and we still have money and trades to play with

But Bev, harden, Ariza, anderson, nene

Then beasley, gordan, Capella and etc is a good five and benxh support plus whoever else we sign

Then there's always the potential crazy trade for a superstar cousins, westbrook
    And etc or just a trade in general

End of story is I like what morey has done here and hinestly done the best job he could with what he has to work with

You can't make free agents like horford and durant join you, at the end of the day it's wjete they want to go *durant blown away by clippers meeting* you can only do yiur job no matter how good it is, the player is gonna go where there is big money or easy rings

2 people like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Apparently you didn't get the memo from 80% of ClutchFans. We're a losing-culture team with an asset-swapping GM and a cheap owner who hired the worst possible coach to take over a squad led by a ballhog, no-defense playing, stripper-obsessed superstar, with the rest being a bunch of D-leaguers. Oh, and our trainer sucks, too.

There will be no fun this year, only tremendous agony and much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    <BR>

2 people like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think the one positive is that we actually have historically good shooters now. Sure Bev and Ariza shot, what 40% and 37% respectively from 3 last year but I would hardly consider them historically good shooters from 3.

1 person likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Agreed. It wasn't fun last year because our shooters kept bricking.

5. dje243

dje243 Member

Remember when Morey used to get flamed for treating players like #assets and always working to accumulate more #assets? Now people are pissed that we can't pull of trades. Remember when Morey got flamed for never valuing chemistry and churning the roster too much? He finally goes the "chemistry" route and it burns him. It doesn't matter what he does he'll get flamed.

6. dje243

dje243 Member

Corrected

7. wowimmagical

wowimmagical Member

I'm with you. A lot of cats aren't satisfied with the way things are going this offseason, which by the way isn't over yet. We've got fresh faces, a new coaching staff, and no Dwight which is a plus imo. Even if this isn't a championship squad, they're gonna be damn fun to watch!

1 person likes this.
  8. dje243

dje243 Member

Harden created so many open 3's for guys last year and that was with basically zero off the ball movement (and resulted in brick after brick). With true shooters and actual ball and player movement we should be way more fun to watch (and competitive).

9. mightybosstone

Agreed. I think this team should actually be fun to watch, unlike last year's. And without the unrealistically high expectations that most Rockets fans (myself included) started last season with, we'll probably enjoy watching Rockets basketball a hell of a lot more.

10. TheGoldenGreek

#MakeHoustonBeardAgain

11. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Players that can actually make open shots will help our defense tremendously as well (especially in transition).

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have a feeling Rockets won't be the horrible bottom feeding team fans think they will be. We sometimes forget just how good Harden is (can be).

Harden's MVP year, he was dragging a similar team, with less shooting, to the 2nd seed in the West. I mean, people think Harden had a down year and he still earned stats only two others players (Jordan, Lebron) have accomplished.

ISO's aside, just think how good the Rockets would have been if the players that were supposed to be good shooters could shot. Harden was getting these guys WIDE OPEN shots.

1 person likes this.
  13. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

I for one am hoping this is a throwback, 80's style team. 121-118 type games the norm. Defense applied only during winning time and in the playoffs.

I think this new era offense will allow team wide unclenching and 60 wins/deep playoff run.

Or it all implodes, Harden walks and rebuild happens

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Will be a fun team to watch, but ultimately won't amount to much at the end of the day without a decent defense.

15. mockster

mockster Member

Welcome to 80% of the NBA

Not the defense but with Spurs, Knicks warriors Cavs and super teams gonna be hard for any other team

16. pdama

pdama Member

lol Knicks

1 person likes this.
  17. mockster

mockster Member

Save this comment, I guarntee you Knicks will be a force in the NBA top 3 east seed

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I agree with this. I think it's obvious that what Hinkie did in Philly is the easiest, quickest, and surest way to rebuild team (I think they almost got lucky with how much they were able to tank - injuries prevented their budding stars from playing much at all past few years). But this is rare. The league doesn't like this. The fans don't like this. Owners don't like this. Rockets just aren't going to do it.

Since that isn't really an option for us, I think Morey has done a really good job with what he's been given. We are in pretty good position compared to a lot of teams in the NBA. Most of the bottom feeder teams aren't even good position to rebuild - instead, they wallow in a misery of losing and incompetent management. For whatever reason, the NBA is much more comfortable with teams like this (Lakers, Nets) then teams that are really bad the right way (76ers).

I'm expecting a fun season - it will be fun to be the under-dog again, and I like our group of guys. Yeah, championship maybe isn't on the immediate horizon, but realistically only 2, maybe 3 teams can realistically contend this year anyway. Hopefully we improve a lot from last year, and can fight for a respectable 3/4 or 5 seed. D'Antoni, Harden, Gordon, Anderson also make us an attractive League Pass destination as well. I'm excited.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Can't complain. We live in America with the most beautiful women in the world like Mila Kunis, Rosanne Barr, Emily Ratajkowski and Scarlett Johannsen.

2 people like this.
  20. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Agreed OP, this team will be fun to watch. I have to give props to Dantoni and Morey. This isn't the offseason many fans hoped for, but they went out and got players who fit Dantoni's system. It's something Dantoni hasn't personally had in his last two stops and shows that everyone is on the same page. Biggest if will be health.