1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac's problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Nov 29, 2006.

1. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Tmac is seriously really driving me crazy!

I now know why his Orlando team sucked so bad.

for 1, he needs to jack up way too many shots to find his touch.

for 2, he likes to settle for jumpers, instead of attacking the basket.

for 3, on a night that he is obviously not feeling it, and knowing the fact that there is a more effective scoring option called Yao Ming, he still chooses to try his luck, and keep wasting the team's precious chances. Is this his way of helping the team?

and the last, he whins too much. No other star players come even close. That's simply annoying!

2. arjun

arjun Member

oh my god...im not even going to waste my time responding to this idiotic post

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

his team in orlando sucked b/c he had no help and sometimes didnt play defense. in orlando he was much more explosive and would attack the basket as much as he'd look for his shot. he settles for jumpers now b/c he's lost that explosiveness. when he's not driving and is not shooting well then we have a nobody.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I love all this complaining. The dude has been playing like Magic Johnson for a stretch of games, making everyone on the else on the floor better and dishing out assists all over the place.

He missed a year of basketball basically. It'll take half a season for his jumper to come back.

Then the Rockets lose one game and all of a sudden he's terrible.

5. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

I certainly hoping Tmac is knocking these shots down during practice..cuz if he isnt..then there is a problem

if he is

then its only matter of time before he finds his groove

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

it doesnt take half a year to get ur jumper back plus t-mac couldve spent some off-time practicing his shot on the court at his house.

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i really hope this is a wake up call for t-mac. i was kind of glad to see him sulking on the bench after the game. i want 2 see him attack a little more.

8. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i am starting to think he doesn't even care right now. i saw like twice tonight where he drove inside..

9. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Tough truth, hard to bear, but don't expect the old tmac to come back anymore.

Tmac lost his first step, and he is gone, forever.

Now to become T-Magic or T-Brick is his own choice.

Tonight, T-Brick killed the Rockets.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Tmac will explode before allstar break, mark it.

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Word to both your posts.

Half a season sounds way too long AND i'm glad he was so damn frustrated.

Maybe he comes out with new reason against the Cavs, no?

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Unless you are Dale Ellis, I will presume you have no idea what you are talking about.

Besides, the alternative is to assume his shot is not coming back, which leaves us nowhere. Better to be optimistic, I say.

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, I agree with you here. I hope this can snap him into shape. Sorry if i was overly harsh on you in my previous post.

14. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

I actually like this post. I for one was steaming mad when we got the lead and Mac kept jacking up shots instead of trying to close out the game. I was yelling at the Tv for crying out loud. I honestly believe that this loss falls directly on Mac, not because of all the shooting (actually, yes he shot too much on a night that clearly wasn't his) In these situations he should drive, drive and keep driving. At least this will help him get to the free throw line, and open up team mates for high percentage shots. I was thouroughly dissapointed in him today.

15. chenglug

chenglug Contributing Member

Totally disappointed with him. He just hasn't shown his ability in any single game... he did send out some assists in some nights, but tonight he jacked up tooo many shots... they have 20 more rebounds... tmac himself missed 17 shots... all at bad timeing... all these 17 rebounds went to the suns.

16. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

LOL. I would love to have the Orlando T-Mac

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

He's not "T-Mac" anymore. Sure, he will show glimpses here and there every few games that he is still the "two-time scoring champion", but there will be no consistency in that regard like he had a couple of season ago.

Say hi to "TMagic" or "TKidd" or whatever else you want to call him. It's almost a forgone conclusion at this point that he shouldn't take jumpshots anymore unless he is 'hot' or 'feeling it'.

I don't really blame him, but I think he will have to stay positive if he wants to make this transition as smooth as possible for himself, otherwise he will just get depressed and it will be reflected on the court.

18. stangend77

stangend77 Member

you are misguided, t-mac is an allstar, you whine to much :rolleyes:

19. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

seriously last yr's tmac is even more aggressive and efficient than this years' without all the injury. He is too hesistant to shoot and I remember back in the days he just fires up jumpers and drainning them like its no one's business. Now he can't even find the back of the rim and he doesnt seem to be looking for dunks anymore

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's a back to back, and he was injured in yesterday's game. I'll give him a pass on these two games.