1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] The Inhumans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 12, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I thought it was interesting too. I mean, I guess the idea is you don't want some other character running around sounding like Groot. My understanding is there were no filters put on his voice, so what you heard was straight up Vin Diesel.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

There already is technically; Punisher: War Zone is rated R I believe.
    Granted it sucks. Hopefully the Deadpool movie gets made some day, and it better be rated R.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Marvel has a great track record in my book. They made me care about comic book characters I didn't care about before their movies. Iron Man and Thor for example.

4. conquistador#11

marvel is just so hot right now. don't know what the inhumans are about but i'm already giving it 99 red fresh heirloom tomatoes.

wish they could remake ghostrider and give him the redemption he deserves.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Comic book geeks of a certain age are in a more or less constant state of nerdgasm with all these movies. Remember, the most Marvel-esque thing we had growing up (other than the comics themselves) was The Incredible Hulk TV series, and that was terrible and almost never featured superheroes or supervillains.

So, yes, keep making them. Keep making all of them. Keep putting my childhood companions in giant expensive movies on the big screen for me to smile at. I will see every single one of them, and I will see them with your mother, and she will eat voraciously from the popcorn tub in my lap.

1 person likes this.
  6. So Good

So Good Member

lol they could have used anyone for Guardians but that just shows you how much money they have to spend.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

8. Raven

Raven Member

For an action star, he's way above average in the acting department.

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

When they start making Inhumans movies.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Inhumans I read in a 7 year span (late 2k) were mainly supporting characters, neither friend nor foe...Kinda like Namor/Aquaman.

The powers they had were pretty interesting and I think they ruled the Kree at one point, so there's a lot to run with though I've never rooted or care to root for them outright as heroes.

I wouldn't mind a Black Panther movie, but I guess that'd fit more as a tie in with Captain America.

11. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

I concur. He was surprisingly good in "Find Me Guilty".

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

fixed it for ya

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Yeah, I found Inhumans in comics even to be a little bland.

They are more 'obscure' in the mainstream, like GotG, but the Guardians comics were a blast and the characters were always entertaining. So it doesn't surprise me that someone who was faithful/drew inspiration from the comics could make a kick ass movie.

If the rumors are true and the main reason Marvel is trying to push Inhumans in movies is because they can't do it with X-Men I'm not sure that's going to work out too well. Hell at this point the Guardians would be better suited to that role.

I suppose there's a chance if they just do something real original with the Inhumans and their characters, but a lot of the reason these Marvel movies have been entertaining is because they draw from the comics so well, so I don't know.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So last night's episode of AoS confirms what I said before: Marvel is positioning the Inhumans as "their" version of mutants since Fox owns the movie rights to that word, and thought process.

Skye has been revealed to be Daisy Johnson, aka Quake. She entered Terrigen mists, and emerged with powers.

The above spoiler is significant because that character is NOT inhuman in the comics. So as I said, they're essentially using it to explain characters with mutant type powers. I feel this is being done ahead of Age of Ultron because theyre going to classify Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as Inhuman. Otherwise, why introduce them so quickly when the Inhumans movie won't be out until 2018?

15. PhiSlammaJamma

I think the Comic Book, toy, and video game industry alone prove that overexposure is not possible here. It almost seems for the first time hollywood figured out that they are tapping into a gold mine of stuff written over the last what 60 years that is all interconnected and well established. I think they could get away with a movie a year for each character if they wanted. What people like is the interconnection of the chracters and trying link it all up. And all those relationships are already built in the comics. The movies have been good to great in general. Think it will continue. I would say the worst movies have been DareDevil, F4, Green Lantern, and Catwoman. and yet they were all watchable to a degree once made available for HBO or whomever. Hollywood I think too is now realizing how marketable all of their characters are, from Harry potter to Star Wars, the spinoffs will not be unlike the success of the comedies of the 70's. People like expanding on what they already are comfortable with. And I think for most of the world, the comic universes have gone unread.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That Catwoman-playing-basketball scene is unreal. I can't believe professional filmmakers did that. It's got to be one of the worst scenes in the history of moving pictures.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Did she dunk from behind the FT line???

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rNlmRId2FVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I always wondered, maybe that doesn't look so bad to non basketball watchers. We all watch tons of ball, so we know how pathetic that looks, but maybe others don't notice. :confused:

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Wow, I'm so glad I never watched that movie.