1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Help Paul George out!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PJ86, Sep 24, 2015.

1. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Apparently, Vogel has said he's going to seriously consider starting George at the 4. That is all fine, since they let David West & Scola go and are going nowhere. It will be fun to see what will transpire over there, but a talent like George should not be on a bad team like that. If I were Paul, I would ask that since the Pacers have given up on contending at all.

Question is: which team would he fit, could trade for him and help him out?

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Pacers will make the playoffs as a lower seed. Ellis will add a nice scoring option.

3. PJ86

PJ86 Member

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If KJ can step up, I'd be willing to let both Ariza and Brewer go for PG. But why would the Pacers do that

5. malakas

malakas Member

lol this is a funny title .
    He can fit in most teams, and most teams will trade almost everything to get him.
    But apart from his own opinion, playing the 4 in the east is no big deal. Lots of sf play it.
    Toronto doesn't even have a starting caliber 4 in their roster and they are planning to make the playoffs. Neither does Washington.

Anyway some trade proposals :
    To toronto for NY#1 + Toronto 2016 + LAC 2017 + Toronto 2018 + DD + Caboclo
    To Portland for every player not named Lillard (Vonleh, Leonard, CJ, Plumplee + a pick)
    To Boston for everything litteraly. Including Smart and all their picks.
    To Charlotte for Batum + Kaminsky + Zeller + two first rounders
    To Detroit for KCP+ Stanley Johnson + first rounders
    To Miami for Winslow + Deng
    To Orlando for T.Harris + Hezonja + Dedmon + two first rounders
    To Suns for Markieff + Bledsoe

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when so many on here thought George was better than Harden, lol.

7. PJ86

PJ86 Member

I like him in Toronto who actually have Scola as the starting PF ;) Their line-up would be: Lowry, George, Carroll, Scola & Valanciunas.

Definitely needs to go to a contender or else he might as well stay in Indiana ;)

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I was expecting this thread will have material coming from TMZ saying another striper got pregnant and filed a lawsuit against PG.

9. malakas

malakas Member

ok so this exercise is "get george to a contender" ?

(I dont think that scola is starting caliber) BUT they can play Ross at the two and have Caroll at the 4-as they are planning now. and then pp off the bench.

I think if he goes to Portland with Lillard there and so much capspace they can be a contender very fast. Throw so money to try to get Horford or Jones/DMO and here you go.

Hm. other case for "contenders" could be
    to Wizards for Beal + Oubre (if they can get Durant).
    to Bulls for Mirotic, Noah, their youngs (snell mcbuckets portis) + sac first rounder. And play Taj at 4 with Pau at 5 Though their bench is non existant for a year.

Anyway if he's gonna get traded he will not have a saying to where.

10. i3artow i3aller

:rolleyes:

11. hakeemthagreat

He arguably was. Plus he's a very good defender

12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Sounds like the Granger treatment all over.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

good ideas but there's not one contending team among those options. if he's going to ask for a trade he's going to do what all the superstars do: provide a list of desirable destinations that include the best combo of winning, playing in a big market, and playing with another superstar.

the lakers and knicks are always on the list. dallas and chicago are usually up there (although the pacers will refuse to send him to a division rival). the rockets always throw their name into the mix. clippers might make the list but with 3 max deals already it would be tough to pull off. dark horse would be joining forces with AD in new orleans.

of course, if PG tells the pacers that he's not happy at the 4, they probably put him back at the 3 long before he decides to ask for a trade.

14. malakas

malakas Member

The problem is that he has zero leverage. And Bird is not Vivek. He is under control for three more whole years.

BTW I find this whining annoying. "He prides himself as being a ballplayer" but he can't do what all the forwards do nowadays? And before he even tried he hasn't stopped crying to the media. Primadonna.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Great defender, not nearly as good on offense, he started off super hot a couple seasons ago which got the comparisons going.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden and George were at the same level when George got hurt.

It does seem like such a long time ago when the board was going back and forth about who was better though. One thing is for certain if George was healthy, Curry wouldn't have had all the love go his way. The media was more in love with George than Curry at the time of his injury.

17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I would give up anybody not name harden for Paul George pacers would laugh at that offer

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, his offense is pretty stagnant. Still when he was healthy he was probably the best perimeter defender in the NBA. I remember he would give harden fits.

Still his offense is basically 3 and D. He wasn't getting past his man at will, he would just get hot at the 3.

Also the Pacers are not trading George. Also getting rid of an aging West and Scola is not a bad thing. Now they can try and rebuild around George.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

We should trade for Lin and then use him in a trade for PG. I don't know if the rules or numbers will let that happen doe.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

No, he's being a realist about things. He may not be saluting the coach decision with no questions asked. But it doesnt mean he's being an entitled diva. He's allowed to have SOME reservations about a position change