1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams (Nets)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by aussie rocket, Oct 26, 2009.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Is it just me or is there a bit of Wilson Chandler in this bloke?

Pick up off waiver wires people.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am glad that I am not the only one that loves this kid.

I hope they get rid of Jarvis and Simmons so Williams can get most of the time...He is a stud, stud, stud. Good call on the pick-up Aussie!

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great first game...

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

People who got Russell Westbrook in the mid-rounds are gonna be mighty happy this season.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree. I grabbed him in the 3rd rd of a 20 team league over some really good players. Turnovers may hurt him though, a category league champions often forfeit anyways.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I usually never care about Turnovers, unless they have Turnovers and AST/TO ratio as 2 categories.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fantasy wise Westbrook is the new Steve Francis. Both liked to pitch in with the offensive rebounding. So Williams had 10 rebounds, is that normal for him?

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I got Westbrook in the 6th round of a 12 team league.

He is gonna go close to having several triple doubles this year.

9. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I past on Westbrook in favor of Tony Parker for two main reasons. He won't help you with the threes and he gets a ton of turnovers. And the other reason is fg% last year was pretty bad. Tony gives you 20 a night, 50 % f/g and his assist numbers are going up each year.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He's coming into his 2nd year so he will improve a lot, and I don't know why you mentioned 3's. Westbrook made more threes than Parker did last season.

11. okaylam

okaylam Contributing Member

Lol, sad but true. Westbrook is going to be a monster this year. The Spurs have a deep roster and more people to share the rock with this year. Plus, Manu was out for quite a while so TP had to shoulder the load last year. His numbers will dip except for maybe assists.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

My league doesnt have TO's.

Westbrook's rebounding from the guard spot is awesome.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oooo... mistake IMO. You went for the safe pick. You get that FG% and 7 assists. But Parker gets like NO steals, 3's, or rebounds. Anyways that isn't the problem. Pop's winds up resting guys like Parker towards the seasons end... in other words - fantasy playoff time! Westbrook will be playing like a free spirit against teams resting for the playoffs or giving up while Parker racks up the DNPs and 15 minute games.

14. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

True, but you know, I usually go for the proven players in the first 5-6 rounds, then I go for the sleeper picks. Plus Parker is the Spurs 2nd go to guy, while Westbrook is the 3rd option.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

9 turnovers tonight. Thats WNBA point guard kinda bad.

16. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I got him in the last pick of the 12th round in a 20 team league. I knew he was going to be something when I saw him in preseason.