1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Mcgrady just fix his shoulder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Oct 31, 2008.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I was just curious as to what everyone's sentiments are towards this issue. If he does get surgery on his shoulder will he be able to return this season at 100%? If he can come back strong towards the end of the season I don't see a reason why he shouldn't. He definitely looks like he is hurting out there and isn't playing to his full potential.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I think his knee is a bigger issue than his shoulder. He stated that he can play through the shoulder injury and deal with it later, especially since it's his non-shooting shoulder. He needs to get the knee healed now. His defense is struggling mightily.

3. faraza84

faraza84 Member

well labrum surgery takes about 6 months to a year and since this is an arthritic shlder surgery it could take longer up to a whole year and if that's what's needed he should but I feel that he knows this is our best shot so he's gona delay it and hopefully it's not really bad by the end of the season

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't think his shoulder has anything to do with the way he looks. let him get in shape and he'll be fine.

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Remind me why he didn't go for the surgery this offseason? Or, if it takes a year, why he didn't go for it the day Yao announced he was out for the rest of last season? It's ridiculous to START this season with an injury that needs surgery.

6. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I think his shoulder is about as serious as Kobe's pinkie; something that can be bypassed for the time being and not much of a problem to play through. If anything its his knee.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His shoulder is not causing him to be slow, it is his knee and his lack of conditioning over the summer.

DD

8. astros148

astros148 Member

he needs to sit out and rest.

9. bbjai

bbjai Member

well they didn't know it was arthirtic will they did the off season surgury on it in the first place, so I guess thats why

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he needs to get busy and get to work getting in shape......

His knee is not going to get worse, but carrying extra weight and his lack of conditioning will not help.

Look at Yao....during his injury he hit the pool to stay in shape....Tmac needs to do something similar....

DD

11. Raven

Raven Member

I agree. Some very tough questions need to be ask about this. Why didn't the Rockets order him to get surgery back in June? Did they even know how serious Tracy's shoulder was?

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Do we have a doctor in the house? I'm confused about which surgeries McGrady got and whether they were the ones he really needed.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree. The knee will only get stronger and better. He needs to work hard on his jumpshots.

The shoulder doesn't seem to be an issue.

14. verti89

verti89 Member

Isn't his shoulder basically arthritis?? and if so surgery isnt really going to help is it??

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Tmac did have orthoscopic surgery on his shoulder. That is how they found out it was arthritic.

16. leisure_cc

leisure_cc Member

maybe the reason is about ron! Mr NO.1 don't need to perform 100% energy to make win.

17. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

Before this post, I was going to say that's pretty much true.

This article though has me sort of hopeful as it's about shoulder surgery in active individuals to restore much of the range of motion taken away by shoulder arthritis.

Shoulder Surgery (Arthritis)

18. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Thank heavens then for Artest. T-mac should not pressure himself that much anymore. Can he just get that shoulder massaged or something? We need his abilities when the playoffs start with the Rocks on the #1 seed :D

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

The Rockets should just ship him out. They looked great without him last night. Artest rocks!

20. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

If you seriously think T-mac did nothing in the offseason to get in shape, then I don't know what to say. He said he was doing a lot of work on the bike to get his conditioning up, but his slowness right now cannot be fixed by working in a pool or on a bike. It all has to do with doing work on the court and getting back in game shape, something that will get better as the season goes on.