1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the highest contract will Dwight be offered in free agency next summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Sep 2, 2015.

?

What is the highest contract will Dwight be offered in free agency next summer?

Poll closed Jun 28, 2016.
  1. < 4 years/$80 million

29 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. 4 years/$80-$99 million

34 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. 4 years/$100-$115 million

30 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. 4 years/$116-$128 milion

19 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. 5 years/$95-$105 million

12 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. 5 years/$106-$120 million

17 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. 5 years/$121-$135 million

15 vote(s)
    7.2%
  8. 5 years/$136-149 million

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. 5 years/$150+ million

41 vote(s)
    19.8%
  10. He'll sign "Tim Duncan" 1-year deal at below market value

7 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. basketballholic

If Dwight opts out, he will eligible for a super-max contract, starting at approximately $30 million, and running 5 years with the home team for a grand total of somewhere in the neighborhood of $172.5 million. Is Dwight worth that much?

The most another team can offer Dwight would be 4 years for a total of approximately $128.1 million. Is Dwight worth that much?

Do you think a team will offer him a max deal starting at approximately $30 million for $2016? If not, what do you think is the most he will get offered next summer, assuming he stays healthy and effective this season? And what team makes the highest offer to him? Is there any chance he signs a below market 1+1 deal that allows us maximum free agent flexibility for next season?

#1 basketballholic, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Max

BKN or NYK

3. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

It's such a tough situation, I think if we can bring him back and he wants to stay we absolutely have too, but I am scared about the back end of that contract. Durant is a pipe dream, and Center is such a weka position and the good ones are under contract .

I think he wants to be here and with the rising cap he has the pick of his next destination, but outside Cleveland, what legitimate contender needs a Center that can afford it?

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

He stays even if it's not the max

5. basketballholic

That's why I'm asking. CLE is way over the cap, even next summer. They can't possibly offer him anything. Even if they let TT walk.

Atlanta maybe???? If they let Horford walk.... But Dwight has always been real clear about not wanting to play there.

Chicago if they let Noah walk?????

Brooklyn will have cap room. Would he view them as a championship contender? I can't see it.

Knicks are like BKN. Would he view them as a contender? And he for sure isn't a fit for the triangle.

Could he find a superstar swingman to team up with and venture to Portland to play with Lillard??

Market is limited. That's for sure.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Too many teams with too much cap space next July with too few players to spend those $$$s on = overpay.

I could see PJax overpaying DHo and trading Lopez for a complementary asset, just as an example.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

NY media would eat him alive.

Multiple sauces confirm.

1 person likes this.
  8. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Portland is not a place for Dwight imo.

I think teams would be mental to sign him to a huge deal given his game is based on being super athletic, yet as a Rockets fan I want him to stay. The market on him is so hard to judge and we are in a period where the cap rising is going to make it hard to compare deals to previous era's.

I really feel we bring him back at any expense, because we can win a title in the next few years, we may be harmed by it on the back end of the deal, but Morey will allow it because he has worked tirelessly to get to this position

9. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Pretty sure we can't sign Dwight for 5y anything, Harden is our designated franchised player. I suspect 4y 80, with year 3/4 PO.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If the rockets don't sign him where are they? Back to being a treadmill team?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He will not get a Max deal unless he plays every game this year, and doesn't complain about his knees....if not, he will get around 12-15m per year max, probably with more than a few team option years.

DD

1 person likes this.
  12. basketballholic

12-15 is 50% or less than his possible max, dada. If that's all he's worth were better off going after Noah or Whiteside. I can't imagine him getting half or less than half of his max.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I think it will all be determine on how he plays this season and if he's able to stay healthy.

If he stays healthy and the Rockets win the championship. Then it's a good chance he will want to cash in big time. Especially if he's able to dominate the boards, dominate on the defensive end and be very productive on the offensive end.
    But if he's out again for a large part of the season. Then I don't see any team giving him that type of contracts.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

It all depends on many things. I'm hoping Capela has a break out season, so we will have options. It would scare me to sign Dwight to a huge contract at this stage of his career.

16. dmoneybangbang

Too many moving parts to even get an idea.... In Morey i Trust!

17. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

I don't even know if I want the rockets to sign him for more than 2 years. I guess I wouldn't be mad if we signed him to a 2 years max contract. For anything more than 2 years, no way he is worth the max. Maybe 15mi per year.

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm pretty sure he will stay, I'll say maybe 5Y - 90M. Can't see him getting much more than that.

19. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Do we already know how high the cap is? That's one of the biggest factors right there. His production and lack of durability certainly do not warrant as high of a % of the cap as he gets now. I like the idea of a long contract even less.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Cubes will offer him the max along with all the loaded guns out there