1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Statistically, Ty Lawson looks like a top 10 point guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Ty is probably the most fitting PG in this league for Houston I believe

2. tdo

tdo Member

I'd say Conley would probably be the best fit, just because he is a bulldog defensively. That being said, Ty is definitely one of the best Offensive PGs we could have with Harden. His game translates very well for our offense. He plays with pace, and is great at getting to the rim and kicking to the open man. Almost a Harden-lite at PG, but a better passer and not as careless with the ball.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Wall gives complete effort on defense and he has the size and length. that's the difference.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly... Chris Paul may be a close second.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dwight, Capela, KJ, Brewer and Harrell are going to love the easy alleys from Lawson.

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

John Wall isn't in the same category as Paul, Westbrook or Curry.

Although, to be fair, neither does Ty Lawson.

Also to be fair, Beverley should be a fantastic backup and better than any of the PG's backing those players up. With the exception of maybe Livingston.

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

A healthy Rockets team could've beaten the Warriors this past year in my opinion...a healthy rockets team with Lawson and a deeper bench gonna give them fits. Let's see how they deal with Harden when it's much harder to double team him this time around. If Seth Curry didn't have the playmakers on his roster he would've been double teamed as much as Harden. I wonder what that would look like in reverse having Curry dealing with that small issue every night.

Anyways, can't wait!

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Do you think for yourself or do you let ESPN do your thinking? Dragic, Teague, and Bledsoe are clearly not as good as Ty. Lowry is close, but he doesn't pass enough. Conley, Lillard, Irving... same thing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R-yznxL68OU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Conley is not better than Kyle, might have more playoff experience.

His offense does not do it for me... so I put him about the same tier as Kyle who is an allstar right now.

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

My thoughts exactly.

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Duh. Really? Defensive box score stats aren't great? My point is it's not real smart to start a thread declaring that Lawson is a top 10 PG without giving any consideration to defense. Your stats might not be perfect, but at least they are an attempt.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I look forward to the "multiplier" for Harden and Howard having an all-star calibre point guard will have.

13. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

And Bev is the top10 defensive PG...

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

There's a thing, I don't care about ESPN and they are not my boogeyman, I am not paranoid about being hated by media, I don't make threads constantly about how Rockets are the most hated team. Lawson is good PG in an era of great PGs. A lot of you think of him more than he is, because you compare him to PGs who play on winning teams, who sacrifice for winning. Ty had freedom in Denver to do whatever he wanted, he could boost his stats all he wanted, create and illusion he's better than he really is (that illusion got stronger when he was traded to Rockets obviously).
    I really don't like Lawson, been like that since lockout when I witnessed first hand how unprofessional he can be. Further behavior just strengthened my dislike of him.
    Obviously an improvement over Bev, a big one, but lets not pretend like he's a top 5 PG, because that's what yall been doing.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol you don't like him because you're from kaunus? :grin:

16. OpenLayup-Why3?

Pretty much. I don't deny his talent, even though he refused to show it while playing out here. It's just my thing, you know, not liking assholes.

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I don't know what this was in response to, but you do know obviously that a bball player has to play both offense and defense while they are out there? Lawson won't be playing on offense and Bev playing on defense, right?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

That's not really saying much when there's probably a handful of pg's that actually play defense and take pride in it

19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

can't for lawson, capela pick n roll.

20. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

And yet, for some reason...people want him backing up Beverly..

Completely laughable