1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

We'd probably have to throw in 2 2nd rounders but I'd be good with it if we went and got a FA wing and big man so we're deeper

2. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

No he's not quick enough

3. fattz

fattz Member

Why? Trade for a serviceable, good contracted, young big that would be a replacement for Howard and his $22M per contract for a power forward we will not keep at his market value and a backup small forward. Sad day in Houston. Lucky for us the Raps would pass anyway.

4. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Korver is aging. No thanks

5. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

You dont need age to shoot corner threes. Guy shot 50% last year.

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

From the corners, so did Terry.

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Gorgui Dieng for a protected 1st (using Shved's TE).

Wolves have too many guaranteed contracts and while they might like to trade Pekovic instead, I don't see any takers. Take the 1st and continue the rebuild process.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Korver was also 46 % from the arc....which is probably closer to what Terry shot from the corners than 50%..

9. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

I like the Dieng idea

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Terry shot 47% and 53% from the corners. Look it up.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

This still a thread? Any trades will have a marginal effect on this rotation. We finally have the bodies. Let's stay healthy and roll.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think our weak-side defensive rebounding can be a weakness at times. Especially when Dmo and TJones aren't focused.

Personally, I think TJones just needs to shift away from trying to block everything and focus on boxing out, but there are plenty here that want more from him.

I think the best targets to "fix" this in-house solvable issue are:

JJ Hickson
    Kenneth Faried
    Mason Plumlee
    Jared Sullinger
    and Carl Landry

I think Landry and Hickson could be had for Jones straight up. Mason Plumlee might require a 2nd round pick and Jones. Faried would require a roster overhaul while we are more solid than ever. No thanks.

Sullinger is probably the best candidate on that list though. He's effective, gets his points doing dirty work, he's got some extra weight on him so would be pushed around less while boxing out or d-ing up, he has zero problem scoring in traffic (this is something no other big on the team really has), he's got a tiny bit of a post game that would be a step up over Jones, and he's had a previous back injury.

The problem with Sullinger is that Ainge is his GM. The good part is that Sullinger is not flourishing with his coach. I think Jones for Sullinger could help both players and both teams. They're both in contract years, both on roughly the same pay scale. If Morey can talk Ainge into trading two previously injured players for the purpose of getting these two players with the right coaches for their games, I think that would be a small but good addition to the team without much drop-off.

If Morey and McHale like Jones, there's no reason to trade though. We obviously have a nice roster. I know Morey reads this stuff occasionally and if he does, check out the nice playoff rebounding by Jared. ;) Could have used that against GS where they crushed us on the boards.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Even if Kyle Korver was 70 years old, that trade would still be a major steal for the Rockets.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think he's worth much more than a Rockets' 1st -- a high-mid lottery pick at least.

Either way, I don't think the Wolves would trade him, even for a mid lottery pick.

15. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

What're the possible trade scenarios for Markieff? Jones would have to be involved.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Almost any trade would have to be after dec 15th when all of our FA signings become tradable.

One of my trade idea's is

KJ, Jones and min contract (Terry or Thornton) for Morris and Goodwin(TPE)

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Terrence Jones / KJ McDaniels

for

Kevin Martin, Min 2016 2nd rounder.

Beverley / Lawson / Terry
    Harden / Martin / Thornton
    Ariza / Brewer / Dekker
    Motiejunas / Harrell
    Howard / Capella

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i would love for martin to come back. he still draws fouls at a very high rate. harden would be able to play 35 minutes and martin right at 20-25 minutes a game. and teams would Always be in foul trouble.

wishful thinking

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Not a fan. KJ alone is worth a 1st and you're weakening our PF rotation while bringing in a redundant player....Lawson and Thornton give you 120% of what Martin would.

At this point I'm not interested in a trade for anyone short of a star, which can't be done until December/January anyway. I'd rather watch for potential buyout opportunities.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I feel like having Lawson & at times Thornton alone sort of alleviates the need to bring in another scorer who can put the ball in the basket when Harden is off the floor. Which is what a move for KMart would be designed to do. If KJ can learn to shoot the three consistently I feel good about him being a great fit for the team moving forward with the pieces already in place.

If KMart or Harden could defend at a high level that would be one thing though, but that's probably never going to happen. If that was the case you could move either to the 3, and play them together.

I think the obvious KMart destination is actually back to Sacramento. A Mclemore/Collison for KMart/Payne trade makes sense for both teams.