1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-MO future all star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Specnaz, Jul 27, 2015.

1. PeppermintCandy

I have no stats to back this up, but it seemed to me that DMo is a feast or famine guy at this point. He did better when he got more post-up opportunities during that regular-season span when the Howard and others were injured.

On the other hand, DMo seemed to disappear when Howard returned and his postup opportunities diminished.

So for me, DMo's numbers do not necessarily mean he had a high scoring efficiency when consistently given 3 or 4 postup opportunities per game. Rather, it may mean he had an even higher points per possession number when he had more postups, but the average was dragged down due to the fact that those games were few and far between.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Your perception is wrong. Feel free to look up how he did between January-March.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I think there's a disconnect. Maybe I misunderstand the stat. I thought the stat showed the % of times the player got the rebound when it was contested. These should be the hard rebounds. So, if DMo is pretty good at getting the hard rebounds, why are his rebound numbers low? Is he just boxing out and letting guards and others pick up the easy, uncontested rebounds? That theory was put forth in the X Factor thread.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Ah man, I am an idiot. I misunderstood the stat. It's just the % of a players rebounds that are contested. I'm sorry. That's not nearly as informational a stat as I thought. Sorry for wasting everyone's time. :(

5. PeppermintCandy

Of course I know he really feasted during those months, but I always feel that's the part of the season when a lot of teams are dealing with nagging injuries and are not always at their peak. It's too bad he wasn't available during the playoffs.

And I'm not trying to take anything away from his performance. I know he really helped the team make it through the regular season with one of the best records and get HCA.

Still, I'd like to see a little more before I feel he's definitely the PF this team needs. Just my two cents.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think if Dmo got fair calls his way, he would be even better. He's definitely got the skill set and if you haven't noticed by now, you either don't watch the games he's played last season or just a down right hater. He's a steal playing that way given his salary.

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

Mark Cuban WILL throw max @ DMO. So get ready to throw trash @ DMO if Morey doesn't match, just like you were throwing trash @ Parsons for leaving, when it wasn't his, but Morey's choice. Yes, Rocket's fans were already bad mouthing Chandler prior to him saying the things he said about Houston.

8. omgTHEpotential

He won't throw a max @ DMo... DMo is a good player, but he's not a max player. I think DMo might get something similar or slightly less than what Valanciunas got.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

No, he will get more. Cuban will throw max at DMO because he's a perfect Dirk replacement and Cuban already wanted DMO when entire BBS community wanted to get rid of DMO. He gave Parsons a max who wasn't worth it. Guys like Kanter and others, who you think are not worthy of a max got it, because it's not who's worth it any more.

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

Agree. Cuban probably turned on his Sharktank mentality and told Chandler something like "give me the answer now or I'm out". Chandler not dumb, especially considering fact that we were in talks about Carmelo and Ariza at that point & didn't offered Chandler a dime...

At the other hand, DMo likes Houston - look how he contributes off the court to this community ;) That's why he would stay.

11. elainas

elainas Member

Overall might not start training camp, but somewhere on track

12. nobie

nobie Member

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How so? Being on schedule is a good thing....

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think DMo was really starting to learn the ropes before he went down. Imagine him with the smart passes in the WCF against GSW? What could of been.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?