1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson DUI Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

co-signed x2

2. Chamillionaire

I've had my substance abuse problems in the past and still struggle with it to this very day Batman. I think I've disagreed with you in the past and medication (pharmaceuticals) because I personally think they're very addictive and can be more harmful than good. But the truth is, some people really need to function. I probably need to apologize (you probably forgot) but I now know some people don't have a choice. Alcoholism is real. Ty is an alcoholic or straight up stupid (why doesn't he have a driver?). I mean he's a millionaire, I'm sure he can pay someone to drive him to and from the club.

Either way, I just want him to stay away from the bottle. Focus on playing basketball. Not sure if James can help him with that since he likes partying himself, but it's up to Ty to make his choice. He needs to decide what's important to him. Much easier said than done.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I feel sorry for the guy. I know he is a millionaire and what not but still the NBA is a double edged sword.

He has millions of motivation to get away from drinking but also million of opportunities, these friends when you are on top, those drink buddies will swarm him.

Tons of parties when you have a winning streak..... offseason and so on....

I am not familiar with his environment. Is he still single, does he have a firm hand , a significant other and kids who can keep him from drinking? I am not sure.

I know they aint certainties but they are and can be at least a starting point.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hell, I did not even know about his 'problem' right till the point when the Rockets were interested signing him.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Problem is most people who drink and drive don't recognize they are drunk. Their decision making and thinking in general is severely impaired.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He should just drink, and invest in a driver. Done...

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dead on chenjy. I use to think my driving was better when I got wasted back in the day. And most people on here still drinks and frive. Millionaire or not, If you're drinking , get a cab. I stopped that nonsense a long time ago.