1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chris Brown the worst player in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRealist137, Dec 20, 2009.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Has there ever been a player who not only sucks, but actually loses games for his team due to his pure incompetence?

Week 3 - Goal line fumble late in the game, Texans lose by 7
    Week 5 - Failed to score from the 1 yd line on twice at the end of the game, Texans lose by 7
    Week 13 - Threw an interception at the goal line when there was no Texans player in the vicinity, Texans lose by 5.

Name me one thing Chris Brown does well on the football field. He sucks at running, catching, throwing, and holding on to the ball.

I am confident that if we did not have him on our team, the Texans would have at least 1 more win than they do currently.

2. Major

Major Member

Jamarcus Russell. And he's paid lots and lots of money.

He's so bad that when their starting QB got hurt, they went and signed some scrub off the waiver wire and started him this week just to avoid starting Russell.

3. conquistador#11

I agree and the outbreak of fumlbelitis continues to spread among our Rbs. To think, if we could have last year's running game we would be 15-1 this season...Ok may 14-2 since we would sit out our starters in the last game.

What amazes me is that he still gets to start. what amazes even more, is that the other teams we play still bite on the play action. Just incredible.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Chris Brown resigned by the Texans?

[​IMG]

5. Landlord Landry

on the half back pass against the jags....

Dreesen was wide open in theback of the endzone.

but...yea Chris Brown sucks.

although, Mark Sanchez is definitely the worst player in the NFL.

6. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I may say he is worst running back but hard to say he is the worst player in the NFL. That would have to go to go to Nick Folk at least for this year.

7. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

In this case, it's actually a PUSH. The money really has nothing to do with the performance on the field. They are equals at sucking as players.

The sad part of your statement is that the Raiders (yes, the Raiders) are a smart enough organization to keep Jamucus off the field by signing somebody off the street.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I don't know really but I'd say he is the worst player on the Texans and honestly that's all I care about... :confused:

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He's our biggest RB and is better in pass protection and picking up the blitz than any of our other RB's. That's the main reason gets time. Or that's what the coaches would have you believe. But that doesn't explain why you'd try to do a HB pass with him or why he's gotten as many carries as he's had.

10. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Dawson's Creek is a great show, I'd rep this post if I had the power.

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Ron Dayne laughs every time he sees Chris Brown run.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

crazy, ron dayne was A LOT better. man, they could use dayne right now.

I still remember Brown from colorado, I thought the guy would be a lot more prodcuctive nfl back.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Chris Brown was a good RB in Tennessee, but always hurt. He has been better then Steve Slaton this season.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not sure about worst player, but he's probably the most popular player in Jacksonville right now. Without him, they're 5-9 and playing out the string.

It could be argued that 5 of our 7 losses were caused by guys named Chris/Kris Brown.

15. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

definitely the worst player in the nfl imo. no contest.

16. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I wouldn't call him the worst in the NFL, but I do think he is a blight on the Texans team. Whenever he is the game defenses, know it will more then likely be a pass, because Chris Brown running for more then 1 yard requires holes large enough to drive a original Hummer jeep through.

Actually, he hasn't been better then Slaton. While Slaton's fumbles were costly, he at least got a good chunk of yardage on most of his plays. Chris Brown has the habit of losing us yardage or just not producing any.

He wormed his way into Kubiak's good graces via personality and practice demeanor. Thus Kubiak because of his loyalty issue (the same one that probably had him fighting for Richard Smith to get a third year as our Defensive Coordinator), where when Slaton was having trouble running, he'd immediately give it Chris Brown, who didn't do any better but held onto the ball, despite Moats waiting in the wings.

Heck, but even Kubiak is trying to wean off Brown, by using Foster and Moats but those two have just kept fumbling the ball.

17. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Yes. I'd even take Ron-2-yard-Dayne over him.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As a football player, Chris Brown is a total chump and has no business getting regular carries. I wonder what Kubiak and the coaching see in him that the rest of us don't. He doesn't have that much power, carries the ball with both hands & has no elusiveness at all and cannot catch the ball well.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Sucky as it is to say, as a RUNNING BACK Chris Brown's non explosive lumbering ultra blandness has been a little under or equal to Slaton this year. Same yards per carry, same rushing TDs, Chris Brown better blocking (so we're told). Though Chris Brown has remarkedly muffed up 3(?) potential game winning/tying plays. Slaton's given the other team 5 fumbles and had a costly dropped pass himself in a game...They both have NOT been clutch.

Slaton is the superior pass catcher, one of the best in the league from the RB position there.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If there has ever been a year to draft a running back in the first or second round, this is it. All 3 of our backs have fumble problems, and Brown should be released anyway. Foster has not shown enough to count on him for anything. Slaton should be the only guy that is here for certain next August.