1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is there such thing as a FREE ONLINE SHOPPING CART for webstores??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Gummi Clutch, May 15, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

maybe some of you remember that my sister in law just had twins and is trying to work at home doing an online business.
    im trying to help her out and add a shopping cart to her store page.
    since she sells clothing customers need to be able to select size and add to cart.
    i thought paypal offered such things, but the prices seem to be outrageous for a person selling lightly worn clothing.

does anyone know where i can get such a tool for free?

thanks!

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I don't charge much. Seriously.

If you want to do it yourself, consider what sort of programming you will need (ASP, .net, PHP, Perl, Python, etc.), and what database capability you will use.

There's free code out there for Perl and PHP, but I don't know about ASP. If I google something good, I will let you know in this thread. I also have been looking for something free, but have been building one myself and it works wonders.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

when i did this kinda web-design stuff like 4 years ago, there were free php ones out there. I'd hafta think that it'd be even easier to find free stuff now for yourself

4. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

i was kinda hoping someone here would have experience with a free one they could recommend. with all the virus/fraud crap these days im skeptical to install anything.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

A lot of hosting companies have built in free full fledged shopping cart software that you can implement into your sites.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

google oscommerce

7. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

By "shopping cart" are you also looking for a fincial processor (ie handles electronic money transfers)? Or just a shopping cart?

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

That was what i was trying to remember. It's the one available by my host company and i have setup a test cart and it is really complete in all facets and it's open source so modules are made for it all over the place.

9. Mango

Mango Contributing Member