1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blessing in Disguise?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman95, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Last night's debacle is a blessing in disguise in my opinion.

This was going to be a tough game to win regardless of whether Francis was in the game or not. So, he gets ejected as we begin making our run. Who knows if it continues, but say it doesn't even if he doesn't get ejected and we get blown out anyway. The Rockets have an embarassing loss and head into the stretch with the loss lingering in their minds. However, Francis gets ejected on a bullsh!t call, the Kings promptly blow us out, and the starters are out early in the 4th.

This gives two important things:

1. More rest. I know a day off is probably enough, but with the way this team has been playing lately, and extra quarter off (two quarters for Steve) will help.

2. They will not perceive this game as one that was taken from them, or at least they should (I'm not saying it was). They will hopefully use this game as a motivational tool for the rest of the season knowing that if they make the playoffs, the Kings could be their first round opponent.

Of course, I don't know if Mobley's seriously hurt, that could change a lot of things obviously, but I really believe that last night's game clinched the playoffs for the Rockets.

------------------
    www.swirve.com...The reason Al Gore invented the internet.

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Yes...and I was very pleased to hear that Stevie said nothing to reporters after the game. That means he has fire building up inside of him, and for the next 14 games he will come out in full force.

Just imagine Doug Collins announcing a usual Laker game on NBC towards the end of the season:

"Well, the Houston Rockets have just Blown Up after that horrendous technical throwing Francis out of the Kings game in March. 12 wins in 12 games? Are you kidding me? This team has not only attained the 7th seed but have convinced many to keep an eye on them for the upset. OH! Guess who the 2 seed is? THE SACRAMENTO KINGS!!!

[​IMG]

------------------
    Watch Cat's Corner every Sunday night on Fox 26 news at 9!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCKETS!

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I do really think this will spark the Rockets for the rest of the season. The Clippers and Sonics are gonna feel like they were in the wrong place at the wrong time the next 2 games...the ejection helps neither of their chances at upsettign the Rockets.

At this point, the Rockets first round playoff oppenent does not matter to me. I used to lean towards the Jazz as a little better advantage for us, but now it does not matter. We just showed that we can hang with the Spurs, if we play the Kings you know the Rockets will have revenge on their mind, Utah is one of our rivals and we are a lot younger and quicker than them, and I've always thought we matched up well with the Lakers with this team. Those are the 4 most likely that we'll play if we make the playoffs, and I think that we can take any one of those to 5 games.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DieHard Rocket (edited March 21, 2001).]