1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GPS Reviews

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mulder, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I was curious to see if any of ya'll had portable GPS units in your car.

I was looking at the Tom Tom ONE or something similar. Entry level, portable from car to car.

Thanks.

2. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

I got the Garmin Nuvi several months ago after doing some research and absolutely love it. I take that bad boy everywhere.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

My $0.02:

1) Buy it if you have a business use.

2) Or don't spend a lot of money.

I bought a Garmin Street Pilot several years ago. I have no use for it. After the novelty wore off, it was a waste of money. It was bulky and I got tired of moving it from the dash to center console....if you leave it on the dash your car will get broken into. Since it's a first or second generation I have to download updates...I think I lost the connection piece and frankly I don't care cause I haven't updated the maps in years.

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I posted something in response to someones thread a few months ago on this too, but it's still true. The discussion starts and ends with the Garmin Nuvi 350

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000BKJZ9Q/104-4415264-3953529?SubscriptionId=12MJ51PYW8J9E7SX6882

for me, it really helps on deliveries at my job. recalculates almost at the second you take a wrong turn... voice prompts by street name and not just "turn right in 300 feet"

even before i started this job though, i'd had the same unit for 3 months prior and i can't say enough about it. some of the new areas around the katy/cypress texas area aren't quite filled in on the locations, but you can always enter your address where you need to go in those cities.

5. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I second the Nuvi, I've used that Garmin a handful of times and it was great..