1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reasons to hate San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by codell, Oct 26, 2006.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

I'm heading back home (Houston) tomorrow after almost a month in this God forsaken town. This place is a ****hole!

The people - Rude in general. I have a new appreciation for folks in Houston. People here are just not nice, and almost seem arrogant and stuck up.

The Traffic - Definitely worse than Houston. People stopping at yield signs, tailgating, generally driving with their heads up their ass. Seriously, EVERYONE here tailgates.

The Spurs - They are the only game in town, but come on. Spurs stuff is on every truck, t-shirt and billboard you see. I can't stand it. I even went to a BW3 here and asked them for a TV w/ a Rockets pre-season game and they refused!

The Riverwalk - My wife came in to visit me last weekend and we attempted to spend an evening here. 1 1/2 hour wait everywhere to get seated, almost got knocked into the river at least twice (see "The People"). Worst of all, the whole riverwalk smells ....BAD!

Ok there is 4 reasons. Feel free to tack on!

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

San Antonio's roads suck ballz

the freeways are bull**** and the people there can't drive worth **** and the spurs suck also

their downtown sucks, their name sucks, restaurants suck, radio stations suck, their gas stations suck, their college life sucks, their area code sucks, everything sucks in san antonio

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

The women wearing Spurs tank tops with either Parker or Ginobili's number on it who are obese from all the Mexican food they eat and you can see their rolls through their shirts.

And um, their ghey "Go Spurs Go" chant. Basically everything about the Spurs.

And, the cheap ass tourist crap they sell.

#3 finalsbound, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  4. codell

YES!

They are all over the place!

5. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

The same Spurs billboards everywhere all over town.

The ridiculousness of 1604. That loop is pointless.

The big concert venue in Selma. That place is crap. The beer is so expensive and it's nowhere near as nice as the Woodlands. And the parking sucks, bad.

6. Fatty FatBastard

Ive never stayed longer than the weekend, but I like the place as a cheap romantic weekend getaway. Of course, I haven't been in a while.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

S-P-U-R-S

8. mj10501

mj10501 Contributing Member

well i actually live in san antonio, but i only moved here bc of my job. i've been here for about two months now, and some of what's been said is definitely true. the riverwalk DOES stink, there's spurs crap everywhere (except for my desktop at work, where yao/tmac/battier are proudly on display :D ), and i couldn't even begin to tell you what downtown looks like (it's just that irrelevant compared to houston/austin).

however, i work at a large company here with a lot of good people (one of the major reasons i signed), and not only are the other new hires from out of town really cool ppl but the ones from SA that i play bball with every week are really friendly as well.

there are crappy areas, true, but there are nicer parts of town that i really enjoy. kind of like every other major city in america?

one definite plus is that i'm only an hour away from UT austin, my alma mater and where my gf is going to school. ;)

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I completely agree about driving there, and their freeways. It is ridiculous. Everytime I go there it is a lesson in self control.

10. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

ox‧y‧mo‧ron[ok-si-mawr-on] – noun:

A figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect.

;)

11. codell

what co.?

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

That's generally why I dislike one-team sport towns, be it college or pro or whatever; I dislike the over-the-top obsession of those towns. It's the reason why I dislike Austin, College Station, or San Antonio.

As much as I hate to admit it, if I absolutely had to move to another town in Texas, it would be Dallas. It's the closest thing to Houston.

Flame away...

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

San Antonio freeways are like a challenge course: badly paved, incredibly 'curvy', and just hazardous.

14. milkyecho

milkyecho Member

I agree about the Dallas thing, being the closest comparison to Houston. Size matters.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Seriously...those yield signs on exits screw people up so bad for some reason.

I had a running joke with a friend that people in SA freak out when they see a freeway exit, you always see people slamming on their breaks and cutting lanes. It all topped off when I saw someone reversing on the freeway to make an exit.

SA sucks, there is nothing cool about it.

16. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

LOL. san antonio is so backwards..

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

you sound like my brother. he signed with USAA and says exactly what you said.

18. codell

thats who I work for ...USAA

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

hAHAHA.

Oh man that is funny. Sad part is, I've seen it done in Houston. I had to look back in my rearview just to watch it. That was hilarious. :D

20. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

If I lived in Dallas, I honestly don't think I could handle Mavericks crap. I really couldn't, I'd end up on death row for slaughtering every idiot I see wearing a Nowitzki jersey.