1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scotty Hopson

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by CertifiedTroll, Jul 24, 2014.

1. CertifiedTroll

I haven't heard a thing about this guy since his signing. Anyone know anything? His college stats show he improved over time. He is listed as a 6'7" sg/sf and seems to have solid shooting mechanics. Anyone got anything on him?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OisCq9juH3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. basketballholic

Athletic as all get out. Good shooter. Good defensive potential.

I think the rap on him is attitude and brains.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Agreed. The guy is confident to the point of being delusional & hasn't played very smart in the past. But he can shoot & is a stud athlete. If he can score at the NBA level he may be worth a roster spot.

4. rocketseagles07

Yep. I remember when he said he was the best player in the draft easily during his interview

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Is this the son of Dennis Hopson?

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

I believe he's an NGtd right? If so, I doubt he's here by the time the season starts.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Nice stroke. Reminds me a bit of Rashard Lewis' form. Actually, nice skills overall and athleticism is definitely there. Maybe this guy can be Von Wafer 2.0 with a little more IQ.

8. basketballholic

I am secretly crossing my fingers hoping that Morey doesn't move Hopson until we get a solid look at him in training camp. In my opinion (very opinionated too, don't forget it), Hopson has Gerald Green potential. Dude can flat-out shoot the basketball. Don't know if any of you realize it or not but Green was like around third in the league last season in made 3's. Hopson reminds me of Green in so many ways. But dude can flat-out shoot the long ball, at a high frequency clip.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I wouldn't worry at all about losing him, morey seems to find role players like no other gm can