1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: The Halfway Point for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch! I was just thinking to myself that it's been a while since we had one.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thank You! Always look forward to these.

4. Raven

Raven Member

For those of us who are hearing impaired, some bullet points would be appreciated.

5. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

thanks Clutch... nothing else to do at work

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Bout time! thanks for the cast Clutch!

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Good podcast.

Team needs to get back to building defensive identity.

Hard to say how good this team is with such erratic results. Really looking forward to tomorrow vs Warriors.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A solid and realistic performance appraisal of the team. I think a small but potentially useful move like acquiring Mo Williams may be possible by the trade deadline, but that won't be easy if the Wolves ask for too much in return. Any other team will also ask for an arm or a leg, in return for another PG.

We will have to wait for Canaan to improve our shooting. He may be able to create his own shot to some extent, but I doubt if he can create shots for other players.

I do feel that we can mitigate our problems to some extent, by playing better defense and by rebounding the ball.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The players have to do their best, but can McHale exert control and make adjustments when we are struggling?

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Clutch what do you think of Mo Williams for the back up ball handler roll that yall discussed? I think he is the most realistic fit because i doubt it would take much to get him.

11. CertifiedTroll

Clutch I love the updates thanks!

PS: do you think CJ McCollum could be had cheap and be serviceable? He was awesome in summer league and looked like he could run the show. He is just stuck behind two extremely good guards at Portland.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just curious - - if CJMc is so good why would a prime rival of Rox allow him to move to that roster?

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

For the DEN/MIN 2nd round pick, I could get behind that.

I still think it's a little too early to give up on Dragic to Houston. They've got a really tough schedule over the next few weeks that could force them into a different direction.

14. CertifiedTroll

Idk that he could be had that is why I am asking. But a team would be willing to part with a player that they don't need if they are getting something they need in return.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm starting to think trading Howard for a rim protector and Starting PG might be ok.

Howard for say, Dragic, Plumblee and 2 first rounders?

16. rocketsmetalspd

Exactly need to wait and what happens to teams closer to the trading deadline. Which teams are still in it or close to making the playoffs and need to make a move or the teams that are in whole sale mode. Either way Morey will be looking to make some move as past seasons have shown.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Miles Plumlee is all dunks, bad hands, and average to below average defense.

18. CertifiedTroll

That would be dope, especially if we could turn those picks and ours into another great player and back up center.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Thanks Clutch, would love to hear these pod cast more often since sports radio in Houston is still obsessed with the Texans. Gives me some Rockets talk to hear while I drive.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Awesome podcast as usual, Clutch and MK.

Agree that a secondary playmaker is critical for this team to take it to the next level. And cut down on the turnovers.