1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Clippers are laughing at the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 9, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This stuff bothers me. When you have Austin Rivers lampooning Harden you know they don't respect the Rockets.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/emhz9pvluHn/embed/simple?audio=o0" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

I hope Harden gets what is going on here.

2. newAge_Rockets

No way in hell does he get fired up. He's already proven that nothing can take him away from playoff passive basketball.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Stop expecting Harden to get motivated. Ive seen a full year of unmotivation already. But wait, he will score 35 points on a crappy team and soon you'll forget his catastrophical flaws. Sheep minded fans

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Harden's whole game is drawing fouls. Take that away and he turns into Pat Beverley.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

All the Clippers fans I have to live with laugh at the Rockets. They say this proves why Harden is a fake MVP candidate, blah, blah, blah.

It's embarrassing considering how the Rockets and their fans were lobbying for the award. I mean, it's worse than David Robinson getting schooled by Hakeem. Harden is getting schooled by Austin freaking Rivers and JJ Reddick.

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

More than a full year. There's a reason "Playoff Harden" is a thing.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know you are exaggerating. But I've been saying this for a long time. Harden's game relies too much on the refs. When the refs don't give him the calls (legit or not) he stops being aggressive. Then he stops playing defense.

I've been getting a lot of flame for saying that. The usual argument is that his fouls are legit. I don't care if it's legit or not. It's not in Harden's control. It's controlled by the refs. If your game depends on something you cannot control, you can't control the game.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I hoped Harden having a poor performance against his old team in the Playoffs would've lit a fire under his ass to do better next time around.

I hoped being the favourite and getting embarrassed twice on your homecourt before being eliminated in cruel circumstances would've lit a fire under his ass to do better next time around.

I hoped the opposition getting into a war of vulgar words with his mother would've lit a fire under his ass to do better.

Unfortunately, I don't think some scrub making fun of him is going to light a fire under his ass to do better.

1 person likes this.
  9. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Everyone who has posted before me in this thread has no idea how the game of basketball is played..... Harden is the only reason anyone gets an open shot, and he's the only player who will never get an open shot because we don't have another playmaker, senseless fools can't even appreciate having a top 3 player in the NBA today

1 person likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How is the game of basketball played?

11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Austin Rivers lol. I'm embarrassed for James.

12. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I agree with you. His teammates can barely do anything with the ball in space. Either they are limited players or just low bbiq.

1 person likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Strong username to post content to thread contribution to rage inducing ratio

1 person likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You're exactly right.

Harden was getting fouled pretty hard with no calls early. So then he became passive.

It's also as if losing MVP has been kryptonite for him. Sad for him and for us, but he obviously has no killer instinct. Kobe or Jordan, albeit better players, would have tried to destroy the other team after Barnes' b.s.

The Rockets'? Fall apart.

15. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Harden 23 PPG (.430, .400, .960) 10 APG... and hes not a PG yet you blame him ...you see y i would decline to waste my time explaining to someone who's that ignorant and blinded by whatever he wants to see

We need a PG and We need a Coach..we have the best SG and C in the league and those two reasons will prevent them from peaking to their max, to think we only have 2-3 elite dwight years left is wasted on Mchale just turns my stomach

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

They're taking him out of the game with double teams, and the other guys aren't making shots. This has nothing to do with his level of passion and everything to do with ****ty teammates and bad game planning.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Unfortunately the Clips have the bragging rights. What is sad is the Rockets allowed this to happen by surrendering, yes, surrendering and not fighting.

You know what is sadder is that us Rockets fans finally agree with what they're saying about Harden.

Cold hard truth because we have already seen this with TMac. But this is where we will rise from. What do we do when we have a guy like Harden? Do we still build around him? Do we trade him?

18. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

LOL how do i start blocking these idiots

19. maw7079

maw7079 Member

You guys are all correct... Everything mentioned above should have already fired up James... But most of all when a man orders your mom to mouthify him and you still have no spirit... Well you just are what you are... And Jones is all flash no substance

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

So what's the excuse for letting Austin Rivers go off on him? He should have fouled Rivers hard after he mocked him?

Nah, the guy just surrenders. No mental toughness at all.