1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams -- DNP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidRocket, Jan 9, 2011.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I didnt' get to watch the game last night, but see that T-Will didn't play. Anyone know why?

2. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Rick played Ish over him.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we had to match up with utah's white players so only miller and bud were on tap last nite

3 people like this.
  4. joesr

joesr Member

/sigh
    this rotation is starting to frustrate me. I tried. I really tried to be one of those who kept saying DM will pull a trade off that brings us back into the PO's but our hole is getting deeper and deeper. FFS. :mad:

5. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Williams isnt that good thats why he didn't play

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Guess that explains why the Rockets haven't played this season.

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

He didn't play cause of his play in Orlando. He wasn't getting his teammates involved and it took him 10 shots to get 10 points or something. Good for Rick. Maybe he'll learn or maybe not.

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Williams looked more bad than good the past two games he's played.

9. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

haha good one man....t-will should be over budinger in the rotation ...sure he is new to this team and is still trying to find his role but it looks like he is becoming much more comfortable the more he plays its gunna take time....RA should be fired

10. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

last game he played he got 11 points 1 assist 3 rebounds 2 turnovers in 21 minutes thats pretty good for being the new guy :confused:

11. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

If his performance the previous two games are the reason for his benching, then why did Rick stick with Bud for so long?

This season is over so its time to play the younger guys.

12. rvpals

rvpals Member

Williams is always a ballhog, even in Louisville. He simply needs a great point guard to get him the ball to score.

13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Rick needs to play this kid, he needs some PT in actual games...

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When the going gets tough, coaches shorten the rotation.

Adelman said after the game that he's still searching for a combination that will work. He doesn't have high confidence in what the less experienced players can do in crunch time, evidently.

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Hey all for playing T-Will but let's be honest. He still plays bad overall. Yeah he looks good playing bad. But he takes bad shots and over dribbles. Still I prefer benching Battier and playing T-Will because I think losses or more important than wins right now. And T-Will definitely gives us a better chance to lose.

Okay I will also admit T-Will may become more than a highlight filler if he can get his decision making dowm but that takes game experiece which he is majorly laacking. So playing and benching Battier will help T-Will in the long run. But more importantly it helps us lose now. Of course I am not the coach and Adelman's job is to win and not worry about draft picks. Which is why I think it is time to fire the coach so we can start concentrate on losing.

16. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

If T-will could shoot like Mad Max, he'd be perfect.

I'm actually okay with what is perceived as bad (or tough) shots if the offensive player can shoot a high percentage or can get a good streak going. Rick needs to understand it is better to put in players that can stop people on the defensive end and let the offense suffer a few games. That means more Battier at the 3, Twill/Lee/Lowry at the guard positions. The other wings/guards can come in depending on matchups when the opponent's weaker offensive players are in.

The conundrum I see Rick struggling with is that his offense takes cohesion and team play, so it is hard to plug in a player like the Olajuwon days fresh from a trade (MadMax, Clyde).

Twill could be the next Drazen Petrovic in Rick's system.

#16 Yodels, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

showcasing ish, duh ;)

18. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

10 shots to get 10 points? Hell no, we don't want no damn 50% shooters on this team. Do the Vipers have a farm team we can send him to?

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That's 50% shooting? Since when hitting half of your shots is a bad thing?

20. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Lol, I like the honesty Rock :grin:

At least you honestly acknowledge Rick helped this team overachieve more than what it is (Many expected us to be a 35+ win team last year without Yao) and you want to fire him so we can suck and get a high draft pick.