1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio host : Rondo to Kings 80% done

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HTown5933, Aug 18, 2014.

1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

For those who want Rondo.... FWIW (don't know how credible this radio host is)...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>Source: Sacramento Kings/Boston Celtics deal now at &quot;80 percent&quot; to be completed before season. Deal includes McLemore, Williams for Rondo</p>&mdash; T-Spence (@tspence26) <a href="https://twitter.com/tspence26/statuses/500931306599886848">August 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Don't really believe this, but damn man. What the hell is Sacramento trying to do? Rondo/Gay/Cousins looks like a bad fit.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the price sounds about right

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Sounds like Sacramento is working hard to become bigger villains than the Rockets are. They can take that mantle for all I care. We just need to win.

5. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

I don't know. I could see it working. Stauskas seems like a good fit next to Rondo and he would be primary ball handler which would be an improvement on its own taking it out of Cousins/Gay's greedy hands.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

im convinced sacramento has no idea what they are doing

over the years they keep aquiring/trading/drafting very weird combination of players as if they are somehow making moves no one else would make in order to stand out in hopes it will work and look like they knew what they were doing all along.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Rondo is a move that makes sense, their first which is where my line of skepticism comes from...

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So it's like software, the trade is loading and the progress bar is stuck on 80%?

9. baubo

baubo Member

If that's really the offer and Morey's staying mum, then it really just means Morey doesn't believe in Rondo's health. That's a pretty mediocre return even if Rondo's an expiring PG coming off surgery.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Rondo cousins would be nasty.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

There are some, moi for one, who do not believe Rondo is a good fir with DHo and The Beard.

It could also portend, if this report is true, that Plowman is correct.

It could additionally suggest that JSmoove could be on his way West and Monroe be re-signed.

Or it could be radio static.

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I think we need to step in on that one.

13. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

hope this works
    gonna be a lot of fun

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Mcklemore and Williams? That's it? If Rondo ends up in Sacramento, then this will be the most disappointing offseason in Rockets history:(

15. baubo

baubo Member

Yeah, given the choice between Rondo and Dragic, I would definitely take Dragic. But that would take into account health, age, and Dragic likely takes a lot less to re-sign next year.

But if one can fully guarantee Rondo's health, I'd still take him. The theme this offseason has been defense. And when healthy, Rondo's 1st team All-Defense easily.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, yeah.

Like the Plowman thing.

Assuming (assume = ass, u, me) that it happens in September when certain contracts become tradeable, the Houston-Phoenix trade sending us Bledsoe or Gogi is 65% done.

And kind of stuck there.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Morey always has spare draft busts on the roster! We can top Williams!

18. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

I think Sacramento is taking the hornets approach. They're not that good at drafting, so might as well try getting some vets to be relevant.

Only problem is, that means playoffs in the east, but doesn't mean that in the west

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Let's just say radio guy is spot-on then does it not suggest lesser value than anticipated for Dragic, as well?

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Why do you see a correlation with that? Dragic doesn't have an injury history like Rajon.