1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden in Overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

one positive thing i can say is that harden looked real rusty out there tonight. He will definitely play better the rest of the series. Hopefully it will be enough

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Wait, why is everyone saying we lost Bev? Can everyone calm down? Pray for him so he'll be okay and the sprain he has right now is absolutely nothing.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I didn't post that fishing for sympathy. I'm trying to calm down, but it's really difficult when trolls like you keep baiting.

I'd love to meet someone who has never been disappointed or has never lost their composure ever. My weakness is losing, I can't deal with it. So keep on baiting bro.

4. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/iframe/RigidAmusingBeardedcollie" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="594" height="332" ></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The woe-is-me stuff is grating though. It's sports. Look at the world around you and calm down.

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Harden was playing out of his character tonight. He's not playing like he used to such as attacking the basket...i dont' know why the f he does that....settling for 3 and just playing stupid when all you need is a 2 to break the tied. He hardly drive the basket like we normally see him do. The fact that they don't have Aldridge and Lopez in the middle...why the f he didn't realize this beyond me?? And why the f the coach are so stupid and not saying anything. If they failed this series...they need to fire McFail...he sucks at strategy.

7. Lihao

Lihao Member

i'm not worry about Harden offense, he had a terrible shooting night , but i'm sure he'll bounce back next game , but people kept telling me he's been saving his energy and will step up his defense in the playoff , i guess not.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, he looked off. He was settling a lot. He'll play better I think. They're playing him well though, preventing him from driving left. The strategy of going at him with Mathews was smart too. They know he likes to rest on defense.

9. RedRedemption

Some people get more vested in sports than others. I felt sad when the South Korean ferry capsized and probably killed like 300 people. I feel like I got my heart ripped out after this rockets loss. Does that mean I value a game over people's lives? No, but I have more of a connection to the Rockets than I do to random people on the ferry and one of the two will affect me more.

My brain and heart don't coincide in this moment.

10. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

I can stomach Harden having a bad night shooting, but not his half-assed Defence.:mad:

In this game, Harden played "regular season" D, and his regular season D has been lazy and sub par, as known throughout the NBA. I actually expected him to up his D intensity in the playoff, effective or otherwise, at least put more effort in it, alas, I was wrong. Just in the first quarter, i knew we were having the same old Haren! As Chris Webber put it crisply: "Harden is the go to guy defensively" - opponent will just go right at him, and make him look bad.

Sorry Coach, you are partly to blame on this. You dont discipline your player , make him accountable for D in the regular games, you get the same "90%-energy-on-O and 10%-energy-on-D" type of player in the playoff. His 40 pts a game can compensate the no D, but surely not his off night on 8/28.

11. RedRedemption

On the contrary, Hardens singular defensive matchup against LMA was spectacular. Kept his ground mostly, harassed the ball, and prevented LMA from spinning past him. One play, but still.

12. daRox

daRox Member

if you know anything about the Yao-Tmac era, you should know winning game 1 doesn't mean SH**T.

13. RedRedemption

Hahahaha. You got me there.
    Man were those some depressing series.

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Excellent PF Boozer/Aldridge who we can't stop and a top 5 point guard Dwill/Lillard. Excellent 3 and D players in Batum and Matthews/Korver, Harpring and AK 47... Brewer was good then too

Old PGs - DFish and Mo Williams

Serviceable centers - Okur and Lopez

pretty similar

15. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Your opinion means nothing on this board anymore after saying you give up on the rockets. Your reputation should be back to 0 on this board. Your attitude towards the team is disgusting like many others on this board

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont expect harden to pull this **** again. he didnt come prepared, i full expect him to do that from now on. i dunno wtf he was thinking before the series...

as long as the refs can come to the game with their heads out of their asses, dwight shouldnt be in foul trouble every game. some games yeah. dwight stepped up, harden should do the same on wedsneday.

17. JH13

JH13 Member

Yes, I believe that if we actually had plays we can depend on we could be so much better.

18. makio9

makio9 Member

I'm wondering if people type **** or if it is automatically filled in when people swear. Am I game to try?

hehehe

19. makio9

makio9 Member

uh oh I'm in trouble.

20. makio9

makio9 Member

You're right it is similar. We didn't have a great PG or PF back then either and when it matches up with their strongest positions that is hard to beat.

"Yeah, but we have 3 other positions that are stronger"

So what? The margin isn't as big. There is a huge difference at PG and PF and it is hard to stop.