1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boy, 5, shoots and kills girl, 7, at birthday party thinking it was toy gun

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Miracles Boys33, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I think they can learn "Stay the hell away from a gun", which is what the Eddie Eagle program teaches.

2. Major

Major Member

Right - because 5 yr olds are great at staying away from things that are forbidden. :confused:

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And can easily differentiate between real and toy guns.

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Uh guys, you aren't talking to a bunch of big thinkers that can evolve out of indoctrination. This is a sample of who you are talking to :

Cliven Bundy:
    “It was a tactical plot that I was trying to get them to use,” Mack said in comments flagged by The Raw Story. “If they’re going to start killing people, I’m sorry, but to show the world how ruthless these people are, women needed to be the first ones shot.

“I’m sorry, that sounds horrible,” he continued. “I would have put my own wife or daughters there, and I would have been screaming bloody murder to watch them die. I would gone next, I would have been the next one to be killed. I’m not afraid to die here. I’m willing to die here.”

That is their thought process. We need a sterilization program.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I always thought the idea of toy guns was kind of silt to begin with... Kids should be taught from a young age that there is no such thing as a toy gun!

6. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Like a lot of things, I think it boils down to good parenting. I knew early on (before 5 years old) that if I were going to play with my Dad's guns, it'd be better to shoot myself with them than it would be for him to catch me playing with them.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Only for those people swayed by your demagoguery.

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Only for those people who don't put women and children in the firing line before the men for lowbrow bottom of the barrel political purposes.

9. Nook

Nook Member

:rolleyes: Right.......

Look, lets boil this down to the real nuts and bolts...

"I am sorry a 5 year old kid was killed, and I am sorry that other people die from gun violence, but ultimately my right to own a gun is more important."

That is REALLY what it is, but everyone wants to dress it up.

I will agree with you that the NRA does have a number of programs harping on gun safety, and the proper handling of guns....... is it because they know that if enough accidents happen gun rights will be curtailed or is it because they really care?

Before you write me off....... know that I own a large number of guns, and support the Second Amendment.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Trailer park trash doin' their trailer park thang is how I describe the boyfriend of the mother and the mother dating such garbage. It's too bad that a child had to be hurt and another died.

11. SexyButIgnorant

So I used to work at a school, lots of different ages, including five year olds. Just so every poster knows...a 5 year old can understand staying away from guns...why is everyone getting on this guys back?

As for the story, absolutely terrible and tragic. Pains me to read this. The mothers boyfriend is an idiot. I'll leave it at that.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't understand this, is there more context to the story?

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Why? Do you also store loaded guns in easily accessible places for your children?